Amazing Chocolate and Oats Breakfast Brownies
Here I am again in bringing a chocolate oats recipe to you. But really – these amazing chocolate and oats breakfast brownies are guaranteed to hold your attention. First of all, think about sinking your teeth into a warm gooey and chocolatey brownie.
And not just any brownie, but a breakfast brownie! Oh yes, these amazing chocolate and oats breakfast brownies are incredible. And so delish. And also, may I add that these brownies are perfectly healthy as well? I didn’t mean to make you drool already…
You can also make these brownies for a healthy snack or dessert even. Oops! I almost forgot to add that these brownies are so easy to make. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about dirtying a lot of dishes (sigh).
Chocolate and Oats Combo
As I’ve stated earlier, I love combining chocolate with oats. They just go together very well. You get the whole-grain goodness and texture of oats with the rich flavor of chocolate. Absolutely yummy..
Im sure these breakfast brownies have piqued your interest so far. Here are a couple more oats and chocolate recipes for you to check out:
Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes
These chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes are absolutely scrumptious. First of all, they’re so moist and fluffy. Plus, they’re dairy-free, which means no eggs or dairy. If you’re a strict vegan, make sure to only use dairy-free chocolate chips and milk.
If you prefer to use regular milk and chocolate chips – that’s fine also. This pancake recipe is for both vegans and non-vegans alike.
Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies! I can’t say enough how yummy these double chocolate oatmeal cookies are. They’re also addictively soft and chewy. You’re getting a double dose of chocolate here.
The chocolate needed for these cookies is minimal, to keep them healthy. But you’re always free to add a little more.
The base chocolate flavor of these cookies comes from cocoa powder. Cocoa powder contains some pretty amazing nutrients Read here.. How incredible that one of my favorite ingredients to work with is so health beneficial?
Amazing Chocolate and Oats Breakfast Brownies Ingredients
Without further ado, here are the ingredients that you will need to make your breakfast brownies:
- All-Purpose Flour or Spelt Flour: I used all-purpose flour when creating this recipe. But spelt flour, another favorite flour of mine – would work also.
- Oat Flour: I love that just by blending oats in a blender, you get oat flour. The oat flour adds healthy whole-grain to the brownies.
- Oats: I used quick-cooking oats, as I prefer the less chewy texture. But regular oats should work as well, if you prefer.
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips: I used mini chocolate chips, but you can also use regular sized ones. For vegans: make sure to use dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Cocoa Powder
- Cane Sugar or Coconut Sugar: I used cane sugar for this brownie recipe. But I’ve also used coconut sugar in similar recipes – and it worked perfectly.
- Vanilla Extract: If you don’t want your brownies to lack any flavor – don’t forget to add this!
- Unsweetened Applesauce: Oh yes, the applesauce adds the necessary healthy moisture that these brownies possess.
- Low-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt: Since only a small amount is needed, you can also use full-fat if necessary. For vegans: use non-dairy yogurt.
- Vegetable or Organic Canola Oil: I emphasize organic canola oil, as regular canola oil is genetically modified and contains solvents (no good) – source.
- Milk (Dairy or Non-Dairy)
I really hope you enjoy eating your amazing chocolate and oats breakfast brownies. If you have any comments or feedback on this recipe, let me know. Thank you and God bless!
Amazing Chocolate and Oats Breakfast Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup oats (quick-cooking or regular)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp mini (or regular) chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon cane sugar (add in a couple more teaspoons if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable or organic canola oil
- 1 cup and a tbsp milk (unsweetened non-dairy or dairy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and set aside an 8×8 inch square baking pan. In large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flour-sugar) very well.
- In a separate small bowl – combine the wet ingredients (vanilla extract-milk) until smooth. It’s easier to do this with a fork..
- Add the combined wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. *Don’t over-stir: just combine everything until the batter is mostly smooth. It’s ok for smallish lumps to remain*
- Add the batter to the pan, and spread evenly. Top with a sprinkle of chocolate chips/oats before baking, if desired. Bake for around 30 minutes. Let cool a few minutes (if you can!) before serving. *You don’t want to over-bake them: so they keep that gooey texture*