Easy Stovetop Egg Noodles With Canned Salmon
This easy stovetop egg noodles with canned salmon is sure to have everyone asking for seconds. Just to let you know, my mom asked for seconds right after she finished her first plate.
And I too refilled my own plate with these super tasty stovetop egg noodles. It’s just so delicious and flavorful! And it’s done in under 30 minutes – which qualifies it for a perfect busy weeknight meal.
Complete Healthy Meal in One
This is basically a complete meal in itself here. You have your egg noodles with the healthy additions of salmon and peas. I used canned peas for the ease of convenience.
Or you can use frozen peas that you’ve heated beforehand or while the noodles are boiling. You can even switch out the peas for broccoli.
*Just make sure to add the broccoli in to cook with the noodles two minutes before the noodles are done. Then drain the noodles and broccoli as normal*
In fact, you don’t even have to go with the salmon if you don’t want to. You can just use that can of tuna you’ve had sitting around in your cupboard.
This easy stovetop egg noodles with canned salmon is pretty versatile, so you can get creative and add in whatever else you want to.
What Makes This Such an Easy Meal?
I really prefer not having to cook longer than necessary. Not unless it’s something I’m excited about cooking or baking, you know what I mean?
Therefore I created this easy one-pot meal for anyone who’s had a busy long day. And is definitely not in the mood to be in the kitchen longer than necessary. We all have those days..
All in all, meals that can be made in one pot are absolutely the best. They’re super easy to make and are quite a time-saver. And you have less dirty pots and pans to clean later on, which is a big plus.
If you’d like to know more about how amazing and convenient one-pot meals are, do check out this article..
Supplementary Ingredients That Makes This Meal So Tasty:
The egg noodles, salmon and peas are the main ingredients for this stovetop meal overall. But it wouldn’t taste as good without some additions.
Some of these include dill weed, fresh lemon juice, and capers.
Dill Weed – Dill complements almost any salmon dish. It’s kind of hard to describe the taste, but salmon is definitely less flavorful without it.
Fresh Lemon Juice – I’m talking freshly squeezed lemon juice from an actual lemon here. Salmon is less tastier and way more bland without the tartness from lemon juice.
Therefore to get that optimal flavor, it’s best to just get the lemon juice straight from the source – a lemon. Bottled/jarred lemon juice and fresh lemon juice taste completely different.
And oftentimes the jarred juice (GMO) has preservatives added to it, which takes away the natural aspect of it.
*It only takes less than a couple of minutes to squeeze the juice from a lemon. Just make sure to take any seeds out*
Capers – Last not not least, the tangy saltiness of capers brings so much flavor to salmon as well. And it also heightens the flavors of the other seasonings used for this stovetop meal.
Easy Stovetop Egg Noodles With Canned Salmon Ingredients
Here’s a recap of all of the ingredients that you’re going to need to make this meal, along with any not previously mentioned..
- Egg Noodles (16 oz bag): I’m not sure about using any other kind of noodles or pasta.
- Salmon: As you may or may not know, there are two kinds of canned salmon. There’s pink salmon and then there’s sockeye or red salmon. For this recipe, we’re going with the sockeye salmon – as the flavor is more intense.
Sockeye salmon makes these egg noodles even tastier. On the other hand, pink canned salmon, the flavor is very mild; so you wouldn’t taste it as much in the noodles. Unless that’s what you want..
- Precooked or Canned Peas (drained): You will need a cup of peas.
- Dill Weed: You can usually find this with the other dry herbs/seasonings in the grocery store.
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice: Half a lemon’s worth.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Toppings Such As Freshly Chopped Parsley and Grated Parmesan Cheese..
Beside this egg noodle recipe, I think you’ll enjoy these easy and super tasty recipes as well:
I hope you and your family really enjoy this easy stovetop egg noodles with canned salmon recipe. And I can’t wait to hear what you think of it:)
Easy Stovetop Egg Noodles With Canned Salmon
- 16 oz egg noodles
- 7.5 oz can (or similar size) sockeye salmon – drained and any bones removed
- 1 cup canned peas (drained) or pre-cooked frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1 tbsp capers (drained of any liquid)
- 1/2 lemon juice – freshly squeezed If you absolutely have to use bottled lemon juice, use organic for a pure natural taste.
- 1/4 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A tsp or so salt to taste
- First things first: In a fairly large pot, boil the egg noodles in salted water for 9-10 minutes.After draining the noodles, return to the same pot.Add in the rest of the ingredients and combine together well. Taste and add in more salt/pepper as needed.Top the noodles with freshly chopped parsley and parmesan cheese before serving (highly recommend). Enjoy!