Easy Whole-Wheat Banana Cupcake Recipe
I can’t wait till you try out this easy whole-wheat banana cupcake recipe! Let me start out by giving you a little description of these cupcakes.
First of all, these cupcakes are absolutely delicious. And that’s not an exaggeration in the least. After her first bite of this cupcake, my mother (honest as can be taste tester); was completely won over. I must admit that I am too.
Oh yes! Let’s get on with the description. These cupcakes are super flavorful with an amazing banana flavor. And the texture is completely amazing as well. These pancakes are super moist and perfectly fluffy.
Coconut Milk Frosting Recipe – A Must Try
After your first bite of this mouthwatering cupcake, you’ll be sold as well. This easy whole-wheat banana cupcake recipe also includes an easy-to-make (and absolutely tasty) coconut milk frosting recipe.
Or you can use your own frosting. But I would implore you to try out this frosting recipe. Simply put: it takes these already amazing cupcakes to a whole other level.
What Makes These Cupcakes Extra Amazing
This easy whole-wheat banana cupcake recipe contains whole-wheat pastry flour and (light) coconut milk. These two powerhouse ingredients are responsible for the amazing texture and flavor of these cupcakes.
Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour
Most of the melt-in-your-mouth texture of these cupcakes comes from whole-wheat pastry flour. Whole-wheat pastry flour isn’t as well known as regular whole-wheat flour. But I feel it should be marketed more, as it adds a pleasant light texture to cakes, muffins, cupcakes, etc.
Whole-wheat pastry flour can be thought of being a lighter form of whole-wheat flour. It’s not unusual for this flour to be hard to find in most local grocery stores. If you have a Whole Foods or other natural food store in your area, you will most likely find it there.
If push comes to shove, you can also order this flour online easily if you have to. I don’t think these muffins will be the same without it. If you absolutely have no choice, try using regular all-purpose flour instead. I’m sure the taste will be somewhat different (less wholesome flavor). But it should hopefully still work out..
Light Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is an absolute game changer in this easy whole-wheat banana cupcake recipe, for sure! It’s the key to these cupcakes being so soft and moist. I really recommend that you use light coconut milk instead of full-fat coconut milk for this recipe.
Regular coconut milk is very high in fat, especially saturated fat. So I tend to use light coconut milk in my recipes instead. I’m sure that light coconut milk has a less intense coconut flavor compared to full-fat coconut milk. It’s better to use the healthier of the two. Heart health, ya know?
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe Recommendation
If you’re more in the mood for a chocolate cupcake recipe, then I have the perfect easy dairy-free chocolate cupcake recipe for you.
These cupcakes are absolutely yummy, moist and full of delicious chocolate flavor. And this recipe comes with an easy chocolate frosting recipe as well.
Though these cupcakes are vegan, they can be enjoyed by everyone; even non-vegans. All you have to do is use regular dairy ingredients instead non-dairy ones.
Easy Whole-Wheat Banana Cupcake Recipe Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you need to make these cupcakes. Besides the whole-wheat pastry flour and a overripe banana, you probably have most or all of them on hand already.
- Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Sugar (or you can use regular sugar)
- Vanilla Extract
- Light Coconut Milk
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- A Large Banana (Make sure it’s pretty ripe)
- Vegetable or Organic Canola Oil
Easy Coconut Milk Frosting Ingredients:
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Softened Butter
- Coconut Milk
I hope that you try this cupcake recipe out. And if you have any comments or feedback, I’d really appreciate it. Thank you so much!
Easy Whole-Wheat Banana Cupcake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional but really helps to amp up the flavor of the cupcakes)
- 1/4 cup and a tbsp coconut sugar (or use regular sugar if necessary)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 1 tbsp vegetable or organic canola oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mash the banana and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl thoroughly combine all of the dry ingredients first (flour-sugar).
- Add in the wet ingredients (vanilla extract-oil) along with the mashed banana. Combine batter just until all large lumps are gone (make sure you get the flour at the bottom of the bowl also). Some smallish lumps may remain.
- Add 10 cupcake liners to 10 muffin pan cavities. *Spray the liners with oil spray before adding the batter, so the cupcakes won’t stick*Divide the batter equally between the liners and bake for 20-21 minutes. Check the cupcakes with a toothpick to make sure they’re completely done, if necessary.. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting them.
- Coconut Milk Frosting:To make this frosting, just add the following ingredients to a large bowl1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons softened butter, and 2 1/4 teaspoons light coconut milk.Combine with a hand mixer on medium speed for 2-3 minutes (or longer if needed) until the frosting is completely smooth.After frosting the cooled cupcakes, sprinkle them with some shredded coconut if you’d like; before serving. Enjoy!