Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes
Every bite of these healthy vegan chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes is pure bliss, I’m telling you. These pancakes are perfectly fluffy and light. And those melty chocolate chips? So good!
Here are a couple of other pancake recipes for ya. The first one is this healthy vegan whole-grain pancake recipe. Don’t let the name fool you – these pancakes are absolutely delish.
Secondly, (for you chocolate lovers’) these yummy vegan chocolate oatmeal pancakes taste incredible. And of course – they’re healthy. Moreover, they’re super easy to make.
I didn’t start out making my own recipes. A lot of inspiration came from (a lot of) other recipes that I’ve tried out in the past. One such pancake recipe that I absolutely recommend is this fluffy vegan pancake recipe at Tasty.co.
These pancakes are indeed really fluffy and delicious. And you only need seven simple ingredients to make them. In addition, the recipe instructions are very easy to follow; which helps a bunch.
Vital Choice Wild Seafood & Organics
You’re probably wondering why I don’t create just all vegan recipes. Well, it’s because I enjoy eating chicken occasionally – along with other healthy meats/fish such as salmon.
By the way, isn’t salmon just incredible (and so tasty)? All you have to do is throw a few simple seasonings on it, bake, and it’s done. I am proud to be an affiliate for Vital Choice Wild Seafood & Organics. *Click here for more details*
All of their seafood is premium and sustainably wild-caught at a reasonable cost. And I love (and you will too) that their seafood is free of pesticides, antibiotics, etc. You won’t regret checking them out.
Vegan and Non-Vegan Food
On my about page, I state why I’ve included vegan and non-vegan recipes on this blog. I don’t mean to offend anyone with this choice. I know there are people on one side or the other.
I personally believe that I’m enjoying the best of both worlds. I am not knocking anyone who’s full vegan or full non-vegan. There’s no right or wrong here. I just prefer to not limit my food choices – whether they’re vegan or not. The main thing is that they’re relatively healthy. What is your take on this?
I create the majority of my recipes to be enjoyed by anyone, regardless if they’re vegan or not. I will usually notify you on what ingredient substitutions can be made.
For instance, this healthy vegan chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes recipe calls for dairy-free milk & chocolate chips. All you have to do is use dairy-free milk and chocolate chips instead. Therefore the recipe should still come out close enough to the original intended flavor/taste.
Here are the ingredients for these healthy vegan chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes. You don’t need many at all:
- Unsweetened Dairy-Free Milk (or use regular milk for non-vegan): I usually use organic unsweetened almond milk in my recipes. Not that I’m against regular dairy milk. I’ve just become accustomed to the taste of dairy-free milk. And it’s a little more healthier than regular milk.
FYI – Before switching to dairy-free milk, I always used 1% regular milk. It contains way less saturated fat, which is better for you. After all, it’s up to you what you prefer.
- Quick-Cooking or Rolled Oats: I used quick-cooking oats, but it’ll still work with rolled oats. This is because the oats will be soaking while you’re preparing the other ingredients.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This will help to add more of a light fluffy texture to the pancakes. Without it, they’re likely to be less fluffy.
- Flour: I used regular all-purpose flour for this recipe. You can also use half spelt flour/half regular flour to make the pancakes even more healthy.
- Baking Powder
- Baking soda
- Chocolate Chips (Dairy-Free or Regular): I used mini chocolate chips as they’re more easily dispersed throughout the batter. But regular chocolate chips will work also.
- Sugar: Regular sugar is fine. You’re only going to need one tablespoon.
- Vanilla Extract: You can choose to leave this out as only one teaspoon is needed. But it sure makes a big difference in flavor.
I hope you enjoy this healthy vegan chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes recipe! I would greatly appreciate any comments or feedback on it. Thank you!
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 cup dairy-free milk (or you can just use regular milk)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats (or regular rolled oats if you prefer)
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup dairy-free (or regular) mini chocolate chips (or use regular chocolate chips)
- 1 tbsp sugar (regular cane sugar) or you can just omit the sugar altogether
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl combine all the following ingredients:The milk, oats, apple cider vinegar, and the vanilla extract. Let sit while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine (or sift) all the dry ingredients (flour-sugar) together thoroughly.
- Add the wet ingredients (milk, oats, and apple cider vinegar) to the dry ingredients, and combine until mostly smooth. Add a bit more milk if necessary..
- In a lightly oiled frying pan on low-medium heat fry the pancakes for two minutes on the first side, and an extra minute on the other side until golden brown. Top with your favorite pancake toppings.