Moist Vegan Vanilla Almond Cake
Every bite of this moist vegan vanilla almond cake is amazing, I’m telling you. I myself ate more than my fair share – I must admit. And I’m sure you will most likely do the same.
First of all, the flavor of this cake is incredible. It’s kind of reminiscent of the taste of a wedding cake. And who doesn’t enjoy eating wedding cake?
And you don’t have to worry about the texture of this moist vegan vanilla almond cake either. It’s definitely not lacking in moisture, as you’ll see..
Versatile and Easy to Make
Thankfully, this cake isn’t as complex or time-consuming as making a wedding cake (big sigh of relief). Yet it tastes just as good. And get this – it actually takes less than 20 minutes to make the batter. Wow is right!
In addition, I’ve included a very easy vanilla almond frosting recipe for this cake, if you’re interested. It tastes so good with the cake. Or you can just use your own frosting if you’d like..
It’s a Vegan Cake Recipe, but…
This cake recipe happens to be a vegan cake recipe. But you’re not confined to using dairy-free ingredients if you don’t want to. Especially if you’re not vegan.
Therefore I wanted this recipe to be versatile to where a vegan or a non-vegan person could enjoy it equally. The only ingredients you would have to worry about are the butter and milk.
If you’re not vegan, just use your regular butter and milk choices. The cake will still taste amazing. And if you make the frosting – all you would have to change out is the butter and milk as well. Super easy:)
Easy Versatile Vegan Recipes
Yes, I do have plenty of vegan recipes here on the blog. But please let me clarify that I am not 100% vegan. I’m not on one side or the other.
I just find it amazing the many ways food can be made. And creating a vegan recipe is one of them. And it’s just fascinating (to me) how you don’t always need dairy products for a recipe to turn out successfully.
Therefore I create my vegan recipes to be not be limited to just vegans. I usually tell you what ingredients you can easily sub, so you won’t be missing out.
After all, it’s all about food freedom:)
How to Make This Cake
You’ll be amazed at how easily this moist vegan vanilla almond cake comes about. And it’s a one-bowl recipe. All you have to do is combine all the dry ingredients together first.
After adding in the all of the wet ingredients, you just stir, and that’s it. Just make sure not to stir the batter too much, so the cake won’t be tough or dense. Read this article for more info on why you shouldn’t over mix your cake batter.
The frosting is amazingly easy to make. All you have to do is combine all the ingredients together in a bowl with a hand mixer. And you’re done.
Moist Vegan Vanilla Almond Cake Ingredients
You only need the simplest of ingredients to make this cake. So you don’t need to go out and buy something that you don’t have on hand already, unless you really need to. Or you’re low on it..
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Organic Cane Sugar (or regular sugar): Organic cane sugar is a 1 for 1 replacement for regular sugar, and it’s not processed like regular sugar. But if you prefer, just use regular sugar.
- Melted Butter (non-dairy or dairy): You only need one tbsp for the entire cake, if you can believe that.
- Vanilla Extract
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Almond Extract: This is where the almond flavor comes from. It’s better to use organic almond extract, as it doesn’t contain artificial ingredients. But you’re free to use regular almond extract otherwise.
- Milk (dairy-free or dairy)
Vanilla Almond Frosting Ingredients
It’s easy to just buy a tub of frosting from the store for this cake. But there’s nothing like making your own homemade frosting.
It tastes so good, and it’s pretty amazing to see it come together. The ingredients for the frosting are listed below.
- Powdered Sugar
- Almond Extract
- Vanilla Extract
- Butter (dairy or dairy-free)
- Milk (dairy or dairy-free)
More Easy Cake Recipes
Be sure to check out these other (easy and versatile cake) recipes. P.S. they’re all so yummy:)
- Healthy Vegan Lemon Snack Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Dairy-Free Cornmeal Cake
- Easy Vegan Lemon Loaf Cake
- Chocolate Olive Oil Cake Recipe
If you’ve tried out any of my recipes – I appreciate it so much! I’d love to know how they turned out for you.
Moist Vegan Vanilla Almond Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups and 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and set aside a square 8×8 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients (flour – sugar). Combine thoroughly or sift together to make sure there’s no large lumps.
- Add in the wet ingredients (butter – milk). Don’t over-mix – just combine the batter till it’s mostly smooth. The batter shouldn’t contain any large lumps. Just a few smallish ones – which is completely normal.
- Add the batter to the greased baking pan, and bake from 30-32 minutes. Make sure you test with a toothpick also..*Let the cake cool before frosting it*
- Vanilla Almond Frosting:To a large bowl add 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp almond extract, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp softened butter, and 2 1/2 tsp milk.Beat on medium-high with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes until very smooth. If necessary, add another 1/2 tsp milk.*Note: You can always double the ingredients if you’d like more frosting for the cake*