Oil-Free Vegan Chocolate Loaf
This oil-free vegan chocolate loaf is so delicious and is perfect for any chocolate lover! Furthermore, it has a moist and rich texture; and is low in fat. This healthy vegan chocolate loaf is also super easy to make. As well as that, you only need one bowl to make it; which helps for easy clean-up.
Healthy Chocolate Source
Did you know that chocolate can be part of a healthy diet? As aforementioned in a previous blog post, there is a healthy source of chocolate and unhealthy sources of chocolate.
An example of a healthy source of chocolate is cocoa powder, which I use in my chocolate dessert and breakfast recipes. Cocoa powder is without a doubt, healthy because it is naturally fat-free. In addition, it contains flavanols; which help to reduce blood pressure. Did you know that?
Unhealthy Chocolate Sources
Some unhealthy sources of chocolate include milk chocolate chips and candy bars. Therefore it’s best that they be consumed on occasion; as they are both high in saturated fat and cholesterol. In addition, they have no nutritional value.
If you happen to crave a little chocolate now and then, I would go with dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is said to be healthier than milk chocolate. And it actually tastes really good.
I haven’t always preferred dark chocolate though. I was on a milk chocolate kick for years before finding out how unhealthy it really is. Now when a chocolate craving hits, I usually go for dark chocolate. But not too much, as it’s still chocolate, ya know?
Healthy Chocolate Recipes
Now, there are plenty of healthy chocolate recipes out there. I’ve made a few by Chocolate Covered Katie that are pretty good.
Also, I’ve created a few healthy chocolate recipes myself – if you’d like to check them out. They include this delicious healthy chocolate waffle recipe and this super yummy chocolate oat pancake recipe.
Ease of Preparation
I try to make sure that my recipes are really easy to make for everyone. And the ingredients that you need are what most people have on hand already.
There are plenty of recipes out there that take kind of long to make. And some also require a super long list of ingredients and complicated preparation steps. Therefore, my purpose is to create recipes that are time-efficient and easy to prepare for everyone.
Oil-Free Vegan Chocolate Loaf Ingredients
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Coconut or Regular Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Creamy Peanut or Almond Butter
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dairy-Free or Regular Milk
If you’ve tried out this easy oil-free vegan chocolate loaf recipe – I really hope you enjoy it. And if you have any thoughts or feedback, I’d love to know. Above all, thank you very much!
Oil-Free Vegan Chocolate Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or spelt flour would work)
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup and 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or a couple tablespoons regular sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp creamy peanut butter (or try using almond butter instead)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups and 2 1/2 tbsp dairy-free (or regular) milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients thoroughly (flour – sugar).
- Add in all the wet ingredients (vanilla extract – milk). Combine just until the batter is mostly smooth.
- Add batter to greased 8×4 inch loaf pan. Top with dairy-free or regular chocolate chips if desired. Bake from 48-50 minutes until fully baked throughout.
- Finally, let loaf sit in pan a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool all the way before slicing. Enjoy!