One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes
I hope you’ll find these one-bowl chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes to be so delicious. And super scrumptious.
They’re the result of some recipe experimentation that I was doing. And they came out pretty amazing, thank God.
Most of all, I can’t wait for you to see how super light and fluffy these pancakes are. I’m pretty sure you’ll be asked to keep them in your breakfast rotation from now on.
They’re Secretly Healthy..
I’m sure most people don’t think of pancakes as being the healthiest breakfast item.
But I’m here to assure you, that they can definitely be made to be healthy; and also delicious at the same time. Even with a little chocolate chips thrown in.
FYI: I would advise you to be mindful of how much syrup and/or butter you may add, especially. It can be easy to go overboard with it, and the pancakes won’t be as healthy. Unless you don’t mind.
Homemade Pancakes: Super Easy to Make
Most people resign themselves to only enjoying pancakes on the weekends. I don’t know about you, but I sometimes crave pancakes during the week also.
If you’ve never made homemade pancakes before, don’t worry. They’re pretty easy to whip up. In fact, they’re as easy to make as boxed pancake mix. And it’s way more fun, actually.
You Won’t Have Much Dishes to Clean After Making These Pancakes
Making these one-bowl chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes is an exciting activity to get kids involved in as well.
On top of that, you won’t have a ton of dishes to clean later on, as it’s a one-bowl recipe.
What Contributes to the Super Fluffy Texture of These Pancakes
These one-bowl chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes don’t contain any eggs. Therefore you need a supplemental ingredient to ensure a fluffy texture in place of them.
That’s where apple cider vinegar comes in. You can use it in any pancake recipe. Apple cider vinegar reacts with baking powder and/or baking soda to help pancakes rise better.
You can even add a tsp or so to most cake batters for a fluffier cake. And don’t worry about the taste, because there isn’t one.
I’ve used apple cider vinegar in many pancake and cake recipes, without any vinegar taste at all.
*Regular white vinegar would work too, if that’s the kind you usually keep on hand. I’m just partial to apple cider vinegar*
More Easy to Make and Super Delish Pancake Recipes:
Boxed Vs Homemade Pancakes
You’re really missing out if you haven’t tasted how amazing homemade pancakes are. I too went the boxed pancake mix route in the past, but I prefer making homemade pancakes now.
And you will too, after you make this one-bowl chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes recipe. You will definitely see how much more delicious pancakes are made from scratch.
In addition, you’ll also find that it doesn’t really take a lot of time to make your own pancakes. I would say it takes only 8-10 minutes more than making pancakes from a boxed mix. If even that..
Just try it for yourself, and I’m sure you’ll want to make your pancakes from scratch from then on. At least, that’s how it went with me.
If You Absolutely Have to Make Pancakes From a Boxed Mix..
Of course, there may be times when you only have time to use a boxed pancake mix. You know, the kind where you only need to add water or milk.
Or sometimes you may need to add an egg also. For those times, I would suggest you use an organic mix such as Annies Organic Pancake & Waffle Mix.
Or even there’s even a popular organic pancake box mix by a company called Birch Benders.
I’m not trying to tell you what to buy. The main reason why I’m suggesting these mixes is because they only contain organic natural ingredients. And not synthetic chemical ones.
One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes Ingredients
Here’s the ingredients that you will need for this pancake recipe. It’s best to make sure you have all of them upfront, so you can get right to making your pancakes:)
The list may seem long, but as you can see; all of the ingredients are simple and basic. And you’re sure to have most of them on hand already.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Quick (or Instant) Oats: The smaller texture of these oats is best for these pancakes as they soften quicker.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Cane Sugar
- Dairy-Free or Regular Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Extract (optional but highly recommended)
- Light Cooking Oil: Just a small amount is needed.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Unsweetened Dairy-Free or Regular Milk
I’m so thankful you decided to stop by. I would love to hear of any suggestions or feedback you may have about this one-bowl chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes recipe.
Just mention in the comment section below. Be blessed!
One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp quick cooking (instant) oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp dairy-free or regular chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp light cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup + extra tbsp dairy-free or regular milk
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees, and place a foil-lined baking pan in it. As you cook each pancake, place it on the pan till the rest of the pancakes are done. This will keep them from getting cold.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan on low-medium heat. Spray with oil or add a little butter.After the oil or butter is hot, add enough batter (approx. 1/4 cup) to make the pancake.
- *If the batter is a little thick, you may have to spread it around into a circular shape with a spoon*Cook the pancake on the first side for a couple of minutes. Flip over and cook for an extra minute. Both sides should be golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite pancake toppings:)