Scrumptious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins
May I tell you about how absolutely delicious these scrumptious pumpkin chocolate chip oat muffins are? Therefore I just couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you!
On top of being so yummy, moist and fluffy – these muffins are secretly healthy and are dairy-free. But, trust me; no one will even be able to tell at all:)
I figured that I should start creating some fall recipes since its right around the corner. Kind of bittersweet though, the end of summer. But, thank God that we are here to embrace a brand new season.
I Know There Are Like A Million Pumpkin Muffin Recipes Out There Already..
When trying to decide what fall recipe to start out with, I decided on this scrumptious pumpkin chocolate chip oat muffins recipe. Can’t go wrong with a muffin recipe, can ya?
And though there are already so many on Google already, I still wanted to get this recipe out there. Why? Well, I guess it’s because my recipe is uniquely mine in relation to all of the other ones out there.
The Blessing of Sharing
And I want to share it with other people, so that they can enjoy it as much as I do. It’s not much fun in not sharing, you know? A blessing lies in knowing others are getting a joy out of what you decide to share with them.
I guess what I’m also trying to say is that out of all the millions of people in the world, you’re needed. Your unique gifts, talents, etc. are needed by someone out there – so don’t be afraid and hold back. Give of yourself, and you will be blessed in return.
What Makes These Muffins So Unique?
I believe that what makes these muffins so unique, is that they’re so delicious with the perfect moist and fluffy texture. And this is achieved without a lot of unhealthy amount of oil and sugar.
When I create my recipes, I add just enough fats (oil/butter) and sugar to make it taste very appetizing and appealing. Therefore you get a super tasty baked good that’s not detrimental to your health at the same time.
Why add a cup of oil or sugar when you can get away with using a lot less? And your cakes, muffins, etc. will still taste just as delicious. Believe it!
How To Make These Muffins (So Easy)
You basically only need a large mixing bowl, a measuring cup + spoons and a large stirring utensil to make these amazing muffins.
You’re going to add and combine all the dry ingredients such as the flour and spices in the bowl first. After that, all you are going to do is add in the wet ingredients, including the pumpkin purée.
After combining everything together, you will divide the batter between 10 muffin cups or liners. You can then sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top before baking, if you wish. That’s it!
Some Other Yummy Muffin Recipe Recommendations
Beside this scrumptious pumpkin chocolate chip oat muffins recipe – here are a few more easy muffin recipes you may want to try out..
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Oil-Free Cinnamon Oat Muffins
- Blueberry Oats Greek Yogurt Muffins
Scrumptious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins Ingredients
Beside the pumpkin purée, all of the ingredients that you need to make these muffins are basic and simple.
- Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour: This flour is amazing. It adds such a light wheat wholesomeness to the texture of the muffins. Or you can substitute regular all-purpose flour instead.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Quick Cooking Oats: I almost always use these oats in my muffin or cake recipes, so the texture isn’t overly chunky. Or you can try using regular rolled oats.
- Ground Ginger
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda
- A Little Salt
- Chocolate Chips (dairy-free or regular): You can use mini or regular sized. I’ve been using regular size chocolate chips lately, because my favorite mini ones have been discontinued (sigh).
- Cane Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Light Cooking Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pumpkin Puree: You can use canned or homemade. Homemade is always better of course, but oftentimes canned pumpkin puree is more convenient.
- Milk (dairy-free or regular)
Ok, I hope I sold you on these muffins already! I would really love to know what you think about them. Have a blessed one:)
Scrumptious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp quick cooking oats (use rolled oats if you want a more chunky texture)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup mini or regular size chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp sugar (add an extra tsp if desired)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp light cooking oil organic canola, vegetable, or light-tasting extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup dairy-free or regular milk + an extra 1 1/2 tbsp
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease 10 muffin cavities or liners and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients (flours – sugar). Also add the chocolate chips. Combine thoroughly.
- Add in all of the wet ingredients (vanilla extract – milk). Stir just until combined, but not too much. Some tiny lumps are normal..Divide the batter between the 10 muffin cavities/liners. Top with more chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 22-23 minutes until well done. Test with a toothpick to make sure. Let cool a few minutes before eating. Enjoy!