Vegan Spelt Flour Oat Pancakes
Let me tell you: these vegan spelt flour oat pancakes are so good. I really can’t wait for you to try this recipe out.
These pancakes can go toe to toe with any boxed pancake mix for sure. And they’re just as fluffy and delicious.
An added bonus is that these pancakes are healthy and super easy to make. You just combine a few simple ingredients in a bowl and that’s it. Here’s a chocolate vegan pancake recipe that I think you’ll like as well.
Whole-Grain: Nutritious and Tasty
Unless you’re just not into eating whole-grain food, then I hope that you give it a chance.
The reason why is because there’s so many ways to add flavor to food. And there are undoubtedly so many different spices and seasonings you can use.
Honestly, whole-grain in itself can be thought of as being boring; but you can take it to another level by what you add to it.
And it’s good for your health as well. Do you use boxed pancake mix, or do you make your pancakes from scratch?
Homemade over Boxed Pancake Mix
I can’t lie. Honestly, in the past I used to buy my Aunt Jemima boxed (now Pearl Milling Company) pancake mix.
Indeed, they tasted good; and it was so convenient to just add water – for the complete mix. Also just an egg, milk, and oil for the regular mix.
Vegan Spelt Flour Oat Pancakes Ingredients
You really don’t need any fancy ingredients at all to make pancakes from scratch. Take a look at the following simple ingredients that you need in order to make these pancakes:
- Spelt Flour (I haven’t tried using a different flour, but you can try using all-purpose flour if needed)
- Coconut Sugar: can be omitted.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Dairy-Free Milk: (or you can use regular milk)
- Quick-Cooking Oats: the small texture works well for this recipe, but you can try using regular oats.
- Oil: just a couple of tsp to add a little flavor, or omit it if you’d like.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: helps the pancakes to be more fluffier.
- Vanilla Extract: you can omit it, but it adds to the overall flavor of the pancakes.
Let me know if you’ve tried out this pancake recipe. Or if you have any photos – I would love to see them. Thank you!
Vegan Spelt Flour Oat Pancakes
- 3/4 cup and 2 tbsp dairy-free (or regular milk if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats (I haven’t tried using regular rolled oats, but you can experiment and see how it works out)
- 2 tsp oil (optional)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 3/4 cup spelt flour *For a bit more lighter texture, replace some of the spelt flour with regular all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or you can use regular sugar – or just omit)
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- *You can also add in a few chocolate chips, chopped nuts, etc to the batter*
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all these ingredients: milk thru vanilla extract.Set aside while combining the dry ingredients, and to soften the oats some..
- In a larger bowl combine all the dry ingredients: spelt flour thru baking soda.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine until mostly smooth.
- In a lightly greased frying pan on low-medium heat, fry the pancakes (should make around 6) for 2 minutes on the first side. Then an extra minute on the other side. All done!