Yummy Oil-Free Cinnamon Oat Muffins
These yummy oil-free cinnamon oat muffins are so delicious (I think you would agree). They have a very moist and fluffy texture to sink your teeth into. Moreover, you can easily make them vegan; or use regular dairy ingredients if you prefer.
Before I go any further, I have this healthy muffin recipe for you to check out. In addition, this oil-free cinnamon sugar doughnut recipe that I found online sounds incredible! I can’t wait to try it out myself.
Even though I create recipes, it doesn’t mean that I don’t take note of other recipes from time to time. Honestly, there are so many amazing recipe creators out there; so why wouldn’t I want to try out their recipes as well?
Just Being Honest
In all fairness, I didn’t intend on creating an oil-free muffin recipe. My original plan was to create a muffin recipe that contained a small amount of oil. But I forgot to add it in. Hey – at least they still came out amazing, right?
Use of Oil in Moderation
With most of my recipes, I do not use a lot of oil or butter, as they are not healthy in themselves. But I don’t always leave them completely out of a recipe if I feel that it will add more flavor. I just make sure to add enough, and not too much; as my goal is to create mostly healthy recipes.
Yummy Oil-Free Cinnamon Oat Muffins Ingredients
You need just a few simple ingredients in order to make these muffins. Check them out:
- Oat Flour: I honestly don’t know how another flour would work but this one.
- All-Purpose Flour: I added this in addition to the oat flour, to keep the texture light.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Cinnamon: Honestly, I don’t think the muffins would be as delicious without this (don’t leave it out).
- Oats: I used quick-cooking oats, but if you prefer a more chunky texture; just use regular oats.
- Vanilla Extract: Trust me – you need to add this in. You don’t want bland tasteless muffins, do you? I agree!
- Coconut Sugar: The flavor goes well with all the other ingredients in this recipe. Therefore I’m not sure how another sugar would work.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: The muffins wouldn’t rise as tall with it. It works with the baking soda and baking powder as a leavening agent to help the muffins be fluffy as well as rise high.
- Dairy-Free Milk: Or you can use regular milk if you prefer.
I would love to hear your opinion or feedback on these yummy oil-free cinnamon oat muffins. And if you have any photos to share; I would love to see them. Thank you so much!
Oil-Free Cinnamon Oat Muffins
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp oats (quick-cooking preferred, or try using regular rolled oats)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp coconut sugar (I haven’t tried another sugar, but regular should work)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp dairy-free or regular milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl combine all the dry ingredients thoroughly (flour – oats)
- Add in wet ingredients (vanilla extract – milk) and sugar. Combine batter until mostly smooth.
- Grease 6 muffin cavities. Divide batter evenly between the cavities. Leave plain or sprinkle with chopped nuts. Bake for 22 minutes.