Easy Homemade Vegan Drop Biscuits
These easy homemade vegan drop biscuits are absolutely delicious. I mean, to the point where you can’t just stop at one. At least, that was my experience. I usually eat them slathered in a little melted butter and jam. So good!
You can also serve the biscuits with chicken nuggets or strips inside, topped with cheese. I can’t tell you how absolutely delicious it is. They taste amazing no matter how you serve/eat them, I can assure you.
These biscuits are sure to be approved by everyone in your family, whether they’re vegan or not. They have a slight crunchiness on the outside, and are soft and fluffy inside. The combination of both textures tastes pretty amazing.
What Exactly Are Drop Biscuits, Anyway?
Drop biscuits, like these whole-wheat cinnamon raisin drop biscuits; are a convenient substitute for regular biscuits. They’re what you can call, a shortcut to making traditional biscuits. Drop biscuits have a similar texture to regular biscuits.
They’re often lightly crunchy on the outside, while the inside is light and fluffy. Once you sink your teeth in one of these little biscuits, you’ll see what I’m talking about. Absolute melt in your mouth perfection!
The main difference between drop biscuits and their traditional biscuit counterparts, is their appearance. Traditional biscuits have a smooth top, and a neat round shape.
On the other hand, drop biscuits have a rustic appearance. They typically don’t have a uniform shape. I find that this only adds to their appeal. As long as they taste good, who really should care how they look, right?
What You’ll Love About These Vegan Drop Biscuits:
There’s much to love about drop biscuits, I’ll tell you that! You may have never even heard of them before, but you won’t regret trying them out.
They’re Super Convenient
You’ll find that drop biscuits are convenient to make, in every way. They don’t take as long to make as regular biscuits. And a big plus – is that you don’t have to worry about rolling out any dough, cutting it, etc.
In other words: making drop biscuits to go with your meal, or to enjoy on their own; is a complete time saver. You usually only need one bowl to make them, and a few basic ingredients. They’re so easy to make, that I find myself making them quite often; in fact..
They’re Quicker to Make Than Traditional Biscuits
A main reason why you’ll appreciate this vegan drop biscuits recipe, is that they’re ready to bake in minutes. As I’ve stated earlier, it takes more time to make regular biscuits.
Mainly because of the additional tasks of rolling out the dough, and cutting each biscuit out individually. I’m sure you don’t always have the time to do that. Or you just don’t feel like spending unnecessary time in the kitchen. I know the feeling..
Making regular biscuits does have its time and place, of course. But for those busy weekday nights: drop biscuits to the rescue! With drop biscuits, all you need to do is combine everything in one bowl, portion out the dough, then bake. Easy peasy.
They’re Just Plain Delicious
Yes, there’s no denying that drop biscuits are a far cry from traditional biscuits in appearance. But they do taste just as delish, I can assure you. You’ll probably start making them more often than regular biscuits, who knows?
Easy Homemade Vegan Drop Biscuits Ingredients..
Okay, here’s where I satisfy your curiosity about what ingredients you will need to make these biscuits. Also, it will help you to see if there’s any ingredients that you may be missing. I’m pretty sure you most likely have everything, though.
- All-Purpose Flour: You can also try substituting a portion of white whole wheat flour.
- Baking Powder
- Salt: The recipe calls for a tsp of salt. But you can use a little less according to your dietary needs.
- Non Dairy Butter (Melted): If you’re not vegan, you can substitute regular melted butter.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: I usually combine a portion of olive oil with the butter to make the biscuits less unhealthy. They’re still just as tasty. But you can just use all butter if you prefer.
- Non Dairy Milk: I usually use almond milk. Even soy milk should work. You can also use regular milk if you’re not vegan..
I would love if you leave a rating/comment on this recipe. Even if you prefer not to, thank you so much for stopping by. Be blessed!
Easy Homemade Vegan Drop Biscuits
- 1 Parchment-Lined Baking Sheet
- 2 cups and 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt use 1/2 tsp if you prefer, or for those on sodium restricted diets
- 2 tbsp melted nondairy butter use regular butter for non-vegans
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil can substitute nondairy butter if you prefer
- 1 cup and 3 1/2 tbsp nondairy milk (add just a tad more if needed) use regular milk for non-vegans
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly.
- Add in the wet ingredients. Combine everything with a fork until a dough forms.*If the dough is too stiff, add just a touch of milk at a time, if you have to. You don’t want the dough to be too wet, either*
- Scoop out 2 tbsp of dough onto the baking sheet, spaced a little apart. There should be about 14 portions.Bake for about 16 minutes. These biscuits don’t brown too much, so you don’t want to over-bake them.
- After removing them from the oven, you can brush the tops of the biscuits with a little melted butter for extra flavor. Best served warm.