Lemon Snack Cake
You’re going to be absolutely delighted at the tangy flavor and super moist texture of this lemon snack cake. I call this a snack cake because it’s not your typical 2 layer cake.
Overall, snack cakes are easier to make than layer cakes. This is because you add the batter to only one baking pan. Whereas, with most layer cakes; you’re dealing with 2 or more pans.
My Source of Inspiration For This Lemon Snack Cake Recipe..
To be honest with you, I was inspired by this vegan lemon cake recipe by Brandi from The Vegan 8. I tried out this recipe way before becoming a recipe creator, but I can’t forget how simple and easy the recipe was to make. And the cake tastes amazing..
By the way, here are a couple more cake recipes I think you would like. One is this easy to make and delicious vegan oat flour cake recipe. And also this super yummy chocolate oat breakfast cake recipe.
More About This Snack Cake:
So, I’m sure that you would love to know more about this healthy lemon snack cake; correct? Honestly, it’s so delicious with a hint of lemon flavor shining through. Not overly lemony.
And as for the texture? It’s delightfully moist and fluffy. I would also implore you to add that lemon glaze on top. The glaze really brings out so much flavor in this cake (recipe down below).
Easy to Customize
On top of that, you can customize this easy cake recipe to your specific needs. Such as substituting the dairy ingredients for dairy-free, etc.
I believe it’s good for recipes to be versatile whenever possible. This way, everyone who desires to; can have the chance to make a recipe. And not feel left out, because the recipe only calls for one type of ingredient; you know?
Lemon Snack Cake Ingredients:
I’m sure you want to know what ingredients are needed in order to make this lemon snack cake – am I right? Without further ado, here they are:
- All Purpose Flour: I haven’t tried another flour for this recipe as I think that all-purpose flour works the best with the lemon flavor of this cake.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder is the essence of a cake – in order to help it rise as it should. Without it, a cake would be flat.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda works along with baking powder to leaven the cake (help it rise).
- Salt: A touch of salt is all that is usually needed to enhance the overall flavor of this cake.
- Cane Sugar: In my baking recipes I try to not use more sugar than I should – and the recipes still taste perfectly sweet enough (at least to me, haha). *If the batter is not sweet enough for you – just add in an extra tablespoon or so to your liking*
- Vanilla Extract: Many cakes depend on the addition of this for maximum flavor. Just a small amount makes a big difference in taste.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil: I usually use only a small amount of oil in my recipes when needed. And they still turn out perfectly moist. If you don’t have canola oil on hand, use another neutral-flavored oil such as vegetable oil.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: The apple cider vinegar works along with the baking powder/baking soda to assure a high rise along with a light fluffy texture – since there are no eggs included.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: It’s easy to just squeeze fresh lemon juice out of a lemon (just make sure that you take all the seeds out though!) I’ve tried using concentrated lemon juice in a couple of recipes in the past, and it doesn’t compare.
- Milk: I used dairy-free almond milk for this recipe as it’s vegan. Moreover, you can use dairy milk if you prefer.
I’d love to hear from you if you’ve tried out this easy and delish lemon snack cake recipe. Be blessed!
Lemon Snack Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil (organic canola, vegetable, etc.)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups + 1/2 tbsp dairy-free or regular milk couple more tsp if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flour – sugar).
- Add in all the wet ingredients (vanilla extract – milk). Combine everything until the batter is mostly smooth. Don’t overmix it..Add the batter to greased 8 inch square baking pan. Bake for 33 – 36 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- *If glazing the cake – let the cake fully cool down first. After that, you can drizzle the glaze over the cake. Or you can smooth the glaze across the entire cake as if you’re frosting it.After glazing the cake, wait a few minutes before cutting it, as the glaze will still be too soft*
- Lemon glaze: In medium bowl combine 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/2 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon milk (dairy-free or regular) with a fork until very smooth.