Easy No Yeast Baked Donuts
Can I tell you how good these easy no yeast baked donuts are? And on top of that, these donuts are sure to be kid-approved; because they’re so yummy and super easy to make.
What makes these donuts more amazing, is that they taste like any other donut. And you don’t even need yeast to make them. Not that there’s anything wrong with yeast donuts.
They just take more longer to make. But they’re definitely worth it. Now this has got me thinking of creating a yeast donut recipe…
By the way, these no yeast baked donuts are really flavorful, fluffy and moist. No one will even notice that they’re not fried, I’m sure.
Baked Donuts vs Fried Donuts
Because these donuts (or doughnuts) are baked and not fried, they’re lower in fat and calories (not a bad thing). But let me assure you that these easy no yeast baked donuts are super delish regardless:)
Regarding baked donuts and fried donuts, it’s much better (this is just my opinion) to bake them. The most important reason that you should bake your donuts is because they’re healthier, of course.
Though fried donuts may taste a little more flavorful and are more popular, the deep frying in oil is just not worth it. We all want healthy hearts, right?
According to this very engaging article that I read online, a baked donut is about a 100 calories less than a fried one. That alone should deter most people from consuming fried donuts.
*Just think of it this way – unfortunately most unhealthy fast food or donut shops are just trying to appeal to what people want. And to make sales based on that*
How to Easily Make Homemade Baked Donuts at Home
It’s incredibly easy to make your own homemade donuts at home. It’s so fun, and it beats buying donuts from a shop, especially when you don’t know what’s really in them..
First off, if you don’t already have one – get yourself a donut pan. They’re affordable, sold at most department stores, or you can just order one like this one on Amazon.
All baked donut recipes are fairly easy to make compared to yeast or fried ones. For this easy no yeast baked donuts recipe, all you’re going to do is combine all of your ingredients in one bowl.
Baked Donuts – Super Easy and Quick
After that, you’re going to portion out the batter into 5 donut cavities and bake. After they cool, you can choose to glaze them if you wish. That’s it!
Another thing: baked donuts don’t take long to bake at all. They usually only take under 20 minutes to bake, tops.
Donuts or Doughnuts – That is the Question
You know what, I’m so used to calling them doughnuts myself. But I know a lot of people grew up calling them donuts.
Since they both mean the same thing, there’s no right or wrong in calling them whichever one you want. What do you call them?
Easy No Yeast Baked Donuts Ingredients
Remember I told you how easy these donuts are to make? Along with that, you only need simple basic ingredients to make them.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour (or use all-purpose instead)
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- A Little Salt
- Cinnamon (oh yum)
- Cane (regular) Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Low-fat Greek Yogurt (or you can use full-fat since you only need to add 2 tbsps). *For vegans: Just substitute non-dairy yogurt*
- Light vegetable or organic canola oil (you’re only going to add 1/2 tbsp)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dairy or Non-Dairy Milk
*Optional Glaze Ingredients: Powdered sugar and dairy or dairy-free milk*
If you want to save this recipe for another time, check out these other easy dessert recipes.
- Oil-Free Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
- Blueberry Oats Greek Yogurt Muffins Recipe
- Chocolate *Extra-Virgin* Olive Oil Cake Recipe
I’m so excited that you are interested in trying out this easy no yeast baked donuts recipe. I would love to know how you liked them. Be blessed!
Easy No Yeast Baked Donuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt (or substitute a non-dairy yogurt)
- 1/2 tbsp light cooking oil (vegetable, organic canola, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup and 1 1/2 tbsp + extra 1/2 tsp milk (dairy or dairy-free)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients thoroughly (flours – sugar).
- You can now add in the wet ingredients (vanilla extract – milk) and combine until the batter is mostly smooth with a few small lumps.*To make it easier – combine all of the wet ingredients together with a fork in a small bowl first, then add the mixture to the dry ingredients*
- Divide the batter between 5 greased donut cavities. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let them cool a little before adding the glaze so it won’t melt into the donuts.
- Glaze: Combine 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp powdered sugar and 1 1/2 tsp milk (dairy or dairy-free) with a fork until very smooth. Add in an extra 1/2 tsp milk if needed..*After drizzling the glaze over the donuts, let them sit for 2-3 minutes so the glaze can set*