Scrumptious Oat Flour Pancakes
Let me tell you: these oat flour pancakes are super delicious! They’re also incredibly scrumptious, as the title says. They only require one bowl, a few simple ingredients – and a short amount of your time.
For a more accurate description of these pancakes, they are so moist (from the oat flour) and soft. In other words, they have a melt in your mouth element that’s hard to resist. And they’re even more delicious with your favorite pancake toppings.
It’s amazing how these oat flour pancakes are made from plain oats that have been broken down into flour. Many people even make their own oat flour from scratch, it’s so easy.
If you have a high-powered blender, then you’re already halfway to making your own oat flour. That is, unless you’re like me; and rather choose to buy oat flour that’s already made. IMO, it’s so convenient and helps to save time.
But on the other hand, I can see how it would be more fulfilling to make your own. In your own kitchen. Rather than just buying it off of a shelf, most of us prefer to bake or cook from scratch, am I right? Of course, if time allows.
First Things First..
First of all, I’m excited for you to try out this pancake. And to see how easy it is to make your own pancakes from scratch, if you haven’t already.
I’m sure some of you have never used oat flour before. So, with this oat flour pancakes recipe; I would like for you to see how incredible it is. And that you don’t have to sacrifice taste and/or flavor for health.
What’s to Love About This Pancake Recipe?
They’re Absolutely Delicious
Oh yes, to the fun part. These oat flour pancakes are superbly delicious! I’m taking about an amazing and satisfying wholesome flavor. And as for the texture, as I mentioned earlier; the oat flour makes the pancakes so moist. It’s really incredible. You’ll see what I mean.
Only One Bowl Needed
Don’t be deterred by these pancakes being homemade, or made from scratch. There’s nothing complicated or hard at all about making them. Please take my word for it. You really can’t go wrong with a recipe that calls for only one bowl, can you?
Making these pancakes is as simple as using a boxed pancake mix, really. The only main difference is that you’re using your own ingredients instead. At least you know what’s going in there, which is very important these days.
Since you’ll be using your own ingredients, it helps to gather all of them before you start the recipe. This helps the process to go more smoothly, so you won’t want to turn to boxed mixes as much.
You’ll actually enjoy making your own pancakes even more after you master that. And not to mention, you’ll see how much more delicious homemade pancakes are.
You’ll Only Need Simple Ingredients
I’m sure you’ll already have many of the ingredients you need for these oat flour pancakes on hand. As for the oat flour, you may or may not have that on hand. For a convenient option, just buy some from the grocery store. It’s usually sold in the baking section.
It also doesn’t take long to make your own oat flour as well, on the other hand. Just make sure to use enough oats to equal a cup and 1 1/2 tbsp of oat flour.
I would recommend using 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats to make sure you’ll have enough. You can always save any leftovers for another time or recipe.
Scrumptious Oat Flour Pancakes Ingredients:
You only need nine ingredients in total to make these pancakes. Not bad, right? And they’re pretty basic ones at that.
- Oat Flour (store bought or homemade)
- Salt: Just a dash is needed for balancing the flavor of the pancakes.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda
- Granulated or Organic Cane Sugar: To add just a touch of sweetness. You can omit if you prefer.
- Melted Butter: Just a small amount to add a richer taste to the pancakes.
- Vanilla Extract: I decided to add this in, and am glad I did; because it’s adds an additional element of flavor. If you prefer not to add it in, that’s okay.
- Room Temp Egg: It’s best to use a room temp egg for easier incorporation into the batter. It also ensures the best pancake texture, because you don’t have to stir the batter too much.
- Dairy or Non Dairy Milk: You don’t have to stick to only using one type of milk for these pancakes. One you normally use should be fine.
If you’ve enjoyed these oat flour pancakes, I would appreciate it if you leave a rating and/or comment. Thank you so much, and be blessed!
Scrumptious Oat Flour Pancakes
- 1 cup and 1 1/2 tbsp oat flour store bought or homemade
- Dash of salt
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 room temp egg
- 3/4 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp milk may need a couple tsp more, as the batter may get thicker as it sits
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Combine thoroughly.
- Add in the wet ingredients. Mix just until all the ingredients are combined.*There will be some small lumps remaining, which is normal*
- The batter will seem thin at first, so allow it to sit for about 5 minutes.**Due to the oat flour being so absorbent, the batter will thicken a good bit. If it’s still really thick after the five minutes, just add a couple or few more tsp of milk before cooking**
- Heat a skillet or frying pan to low-medium heat. Add a little butter or spray with oil.After the frying pan is heated up and greased, add enough of the batter to make a small-medium sized pancake.
- Cook for 2 minutes until bubbles form on the surface. Flip the pancake over, then cook for an extra minute. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Amazing served with your favorite toppings.