Chocolate Oat Peanut Butter Muffins
I wish I could have put in the title how utterly scrumptious these chocolate oat peanut butter muffins are!
I’m telling you – you absolutely have to experience these super yummy muffins for yourself. Can you tell how excited I am to tell you about them?
More About These Muffins..
I know you want to hear a little more details about these muffins besides how delicious they are. Okay; these muffins are so chocolatey, moist and fluffy – as well as healthy.
The two main ingredients that make these muffins healthy is oat flour and peanut butter. They also contain cocoa powder, which is where the chocolate comes in.
If you didn’t know before, cocoa powder is surprisingly healthy as well; and has various health benefits. More on that later..
So Many Amazing Flours Out There
Until not too long ago, I never knew that you can actually make flour from oats. It’s so amazing what can be transform into flour these days.
Nowadays there are so many different flours out there such as coconut flour, almond flour, and even chickpea flour – which is made from actual chickpeas. Incredible, isn’t it?
I chose to use oat flour for these chocolate oat peanut butter muffins, because oats is one of my favorite foods to eat. Plus it’s highly nutritious, and you can use it in so many dessert and breakfast recipes.
Oat Flour Adds Wholesomeness
Additionally, the oat flour is responsible for the wholesomeness and scrumptious texture of these muffins.
May this muffin recipe be a way for you to introduce oat flour into your diet if you haven’t already.
Or you may also want to check out this delicious vegan oat flour cake. This cake is pretty versatile, and can be made with regular dairy ingredients if you prefer. Check out the recipe for more details..
How Oat Flour is Made
Oat flour is one of the easiest flours that can be made. The process involves just adding some raw oats to a blender, and then blending the oats to a powder. Too easy.
On the other hand, like me; you can choose to buy oat flour that’s been already made into flour. To make sure you are getting close to homemade, make sure to buy organic oat flour.
Where You Can Most Likely Find It
It’s not as easily available compared to regular oat flour, but organic oat flour is definitely worth its price. And what’s more, it’s free of harmful pesticides and/or other icky chemicals.
You’re more guaranteed to find organic oat flour at natural food stores such as Whole Foods. Or you can order it from Thrive Market, which strives to sell only high quality organic and natural food products.
Oh Yes, the Cocoa Powder..
The chocolate that these muffins contain comes from cocoa powder. Cocoa powder imparts a rich chocolate taste to many desserts; while not adding any excess calories, fat, cholesterol, etc.
How to Make These Muffins
There’s really nothing to the process of making these muffins. Before you know it, you’ll be putting them in the oven.
- The first step involves preheating your oven and greasing your baking pan. This way, the muffin batter can be added straightaway to the pan; and then placed in the oven. No having to wait around..
- The second step involves combining all of the dry ingredients first. You want to make sure that any large lumps are gone.
- Thirdly, the wet ingredients are added in with the dry ingredients. Make sure not to combine the batter too hard. You just want it to be as smooth as possible, with some tiny lumps remaining.
- Finally, you’re now ready to divide the batter between the muffin cavities. You can sprinkle some chocolate chips on top before placing them in the oven to bake.
Chocolate Oat Peanut Butter Muffins Ingredients
Below are all of the ingredients that you’ll need to make these muffins:
- Oat Flour
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Coconut (or light brown) Sugar
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Unsweetened Dairy-Free or Regular Milk
I really hope you enjoy these chocolate oat peanut butter muffins as much as I do. I also welcome any comments or feedback that you may have on this recipe. Thank you!
Chocolate Oat Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp coconut or light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter (or similar nut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp unsweetened dairy-free or regular milk
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then moderately grease or oil 12 muffin cavities. Set aside..In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flours- baking soda) thoroughly until all large lumps are gone.
- Next, add the remaining wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Combine until mostly smooth (some smallish lumps will remain).Divide the batter between the muffin cavities. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly before eating, if you can. Enjoy!