Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake
This oil-free vegan chocolate loaf cake is so delicious, and is perfect for any chocolate lover! Furthermore, it has a moist and rich texture while being relatively low in fat.
This vegan chocolate loaf cake is also super easy to make. Adding to that, you only need one bowl to make it; which helps for an easy clean-up.
Cocoa Powder – An Amazing Source of Various Health Benefits..
Did you know that chocolate can be part of a healthy diet? But not all chocolate is good for you. There are healthy sources of chocolate and also unhealthy sources of chocolate.
An example of a healthy source of chocolate is cocoa powder, which I use in most of my my dessert/breakfast recipes. Cocoa powder is naturally fat-free, and doesn’t contain cholesterol. It usually doesn’t contain sodium either.
On the other hand, cocoa powder contains flavanols. Flavanols help to reduce blood pressure. Cocoa powder also contains antioxidants, which helps contribute to a healthy heart.
Antioxidants are also known to help reduce blood sugar. Now, doesn’t cocoa powder just sound so amazing?
Unhealthy Chocolate Sources
Some unhealthy sources of chocolate include milk chocolate chips and candy bars. Therefore it’s best that they be consumed on occasion; as they are both high in saturated fat and cholesterol. In addition, they have no nutritional value.
If you happen to crave a little chocolate now and then, I would go with dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is said to be healthier than milk chocolate. And it actually tastes really good.
I haven’t always preferred dark chocolate though. I was on a milk chocolate kick for years before finding out how unhealthy it really is. Now when a chocolate craving hits, I usually go for dark chocolate. But not too much, as it’s still chocolate, ya know?
Additional Healthy Chocolate Recipes
Here are a couple more healthy chocolate recipes for you to check out. They include this delicious healthy chocolate waffle recipe and this super yummy chocolate oat pancake recipe.
Ease of Preparation
I try to make sure that my recipes are really easy to make for everyone. And the ingredients that you need are what most people have on hand already.
There are plenty of recipes out there that take kind of long to make. And some can even require a long list of ingredients, along with complicated preparation steps.
With that being said, my purpose is to create recipes that are time-efficient and easy to prepare. And does not require you to be in the kitchen for longer than you have to be..
Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake Ingredients:
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make this chocolate loaf cake. As you can see, there’s really not a lot. But they all work together to produce this delicious cake.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Coconut or Regular Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Creamy Peanut or Almond Butter
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dairy-Free or Regular Milk
If you’ve tried this easy vegan chocolate loaf cake recipe – I really hope you enjoy it. And if you have any thoughts or feedback, I’d love to know. Above all, thank you very much!
Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or spelt flour would work)
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup and 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or a couple tablespoons regular sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp creamy peanut butter (or try using almond butter instead)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups and 2 1/2 tbsp dairy-free (or regular) milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients thoroughly (flour – sugar).
- Add in all the wet ingredients (vanilla extract – milk). Combine just until the batter is mostly smooth.
- Add batter to greased 8×4 inch loaf pan. Top with dairy-free or regular chocolate chips if desired. Bake from 48-50 minutes until fully baked throughout.
- Finally, let loaf sit in pan a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool all the way before slicing. Enjoy!