Chocolate Oatmeal Dairy-Free Pancakes
You have got to try this chocolate oatmeal dairy-free pancakes recipe. Why? Because they’re absolutely delicious, fluffy, and so moist.
They actually taste just like brownies, no lie. I was inspired to create this recipe after trying out this amazing vegan chocolate pancake recipe by The Banana Diaries.
I know that most health food fanatics would most likely scoff at the thought of eating chocolate for breakfast. They’re likely to call you out on it, and berate you for eating so unhealthy early in the day.
Nevertheless I hope to clear up any misconceptions in regards to eating chocolate in the morning. First of all, it should be ok to eat a little chocolate for breakfast. Just don’t go overboard with it.
Not All Chocolate Is Bad For You..
It’s easy for someone to judge someone else’s eating habits, isn’t it? And it’s so easy to assume that all chocolate is bad for you.
The chocolate I used in these healthy vegan chocolate pancakes is 100% healthy. That’s because it’s cocoa powder. In fact, cocoa powder is a very healthy form of chocolate.
It is naturally fat-free and cholesterol-free. And yet it adds a rich chocolatey flavor to pancakes and many other baked goods.
Chocolate Oatmeal Dairy-Free Pancakes Ingredients
You only need a few basic ingredients in order to make these pancakes such as:
- Dairy-Free or Use Regular Milk if You Prefer
- Quick-Cooking Oats: I honestly don’t know how regular rolled oats would work, but you can certainly try them out.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Whole Wheat and All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut or Regular Cane Sugar: Just to add a touch of sweetness to the batter. You don’t really have to add any if you don’t want to.
FYI – these pancakes are amazing just topped with a little butter and pure maple syrup. Even some chocolate chips! Or you can choose whatever topping you fancy. I’d sure love to know how you liked your pancakes!
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed *optional but highly recommended*
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract *optional but adds so much subtle flavor*
- Combine almond milk, quick cooking oats, and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for five minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients: flours, baking powder/soda, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, and ground flaxseed – if using.
- Add in the milk/vinegar mixture, oil, and optional vanilla extract. Combine all ingredients gently till mostly smooth with some small lumps.
- Fry the pancakes in a greased or oiled frying pan on low-medium heat (2 minutes on first side and another minute on the other side). Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!.