Moist and Healthy Vegan Applesauce Muffins
Wait till you taste a bite of these super moist and delicious vegan applesauce muffins! Their delicious flavor and delightfully fluffy texture will appeal to vegans and non-vegans alike.
I’m very aware that there are plenty of yummy applesauce muffin recipes out there already. Yet, I still felt so compelled to add this recipe to the mix. It’s unique from other applesauce muffin recipes in a way that I hope you’ll enjoy.
As a food blogger, I know there’s a sense of wanting your recipe to be the best. But there’s so many other talented people out there producing amazing recipes for others to enjoy.
I just want to add my own spin on this popular recipe, and I hope it’ll become one of your favorites to make. Or check out these other healthy muffin recipes for more delish muffin options.
What Makes These Muffins Worth Making?
They’re Just Plain Delicious
There’s many reasons why you’ll want to make these vegan applesauce muffins ASAP. First of all, these muffins are seriously delicious, and can be enjoyed any time of the day. This recipe is actually my 2nd or third attempt at perfecting these muffins. I don’t like putting a recipe out there if I feel it can be done better.
So Fluffy and Moist
Therefore I feel that these muffins are the best they can be, without the need to make them more perfect. The second reason why you want to make these muffins is because they’re super fluffy and moist.
Most of the moisture comes from the addition of applesauce (unsweetened). The rest comes from the oil, which is only a small amount of three tablespoons.
They contain Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Thirdly, these muffins contain extra virgin olive oil. What better ingredient to add than that? I used a combo of extra virgin olive oil and regular organic canola oil. You can’t taste the extra virgin olive oil in the muffins as long as you use a light tasting one.
Even if you use regular strength extra virgin olive oil, there’s not a large amount to where you can really taste it. If you prefer, you can use just regular vegetable oil in these vegan applesauce muffins.
If you’re more health conscious, try using just the olive oil. Either way, you and your family are sure to enjoy the delicate apple cinnamon flavor of the muffins.
Super Easy One-Bowl Recipe
Last of all, these muffins are so easy to make (and only require simple ingredients). I know you get that saying a lot, but this muffin recipe is really easy. Regarding bowls – you’ll only need one large one to combine the ingredients in.
This makes for an easy clean-up experience afterwards. Hooray for that!
How to Make These Easy Vegan Applesauce Muffins..
It’s always a good thing when a recipe is super easy, isn’t it? Meaning, you don’t need a whole lot of fancy ingredients; or multiple bowls and equipment. That’s why I try to create recipes that are simple and easy. And don’t require the use of appliances all the time.
As for making these muffins, it’s really only two steps involved. Aside from the baking, I mean. These two steps involve first combining all of the dry ingredients in the bowl. Then adding in the wet ingredients to form the muffin batter. Nothing complicated at all..
Moist and Healthy Vegan Applesauce Muffins Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you need to make these muffins. You may have them on hand already, in fact.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cinnamon: I found 1/4 tsp to be the perfect amount without it being overpowering. You can try adding a bit more if you want to..
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Sugar (regular or organic cane sugar)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: You can substitute regular oil instead, if you prefer. But the olive oil taste is non-detectable for the most part. Also, no one will be able to tell these muffins are healthy, because they taste so amazing.
- Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil: FYI – I would recommend that you use organic canola oil if possible. It’s not processed as highly, and doesn’t contain solvents like regular canola oil.
- Vanilla Extract: Adds more depth to the flavor of the muffins. You don’t want to leave it out.
- Unsweetened Applesauce: Contributes to the moistness of the muffins in a healthy way, which lessens the need for more oil.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: You may have noticed there’s no eggs in these muffins. Therefore the apple cider vinegar works with the baking powder and baking soda to help them rise beautifully.
- Nondairy Milk: Almond milk works perfectly for this muffin recipe. But you can try another plant-based milk if you’d like, such as soy milk.
I would love to know how you and your family liked these vegan applesauce muffins. Feel free to share in the comments section below. Thanks for stopping by, and have a blessed day/night!
Moist and Healthy Vegan Applesauce Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup and 1/2 tbsp regular sugar
- 3 tbsp oil such as vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup and a tbsp nondairy (or regular) milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in 9 muffin pan cavities, and spray lightly with oil.If you’re not using cupcake liners, just spray nine muffin cavities with oil or grease. Set aside.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Combine very well.
- Add in the applesauce and other wet ingredients. Mix well, but don’t over-mix; making sure to get to the flour at the bottom of the bowl.The batter will be fairly thick. Just add a bit more milk if the batter is overly thick..*There will be some smallish lumps in the batter. This is okay, as they will dissolve while the muffins bake*
- Divide the batter between the nine oiled/greased cupcake liners or muffin cavities. They should be 3/4 full.
- Bake from 20-22 minutes, or more if necessary. Cool slightly before serving.Important: check by testing the center of a muffin with a toothpick to confirm they’re fully baked throughout.