Vegan Applesauce Pancakes
When I tell you that these super delish vegan applesauce pancakes taste amazing, I’m not exaggerating! These pancakes are fluffy, light, and full of flavor. Also, they’re plenty moist.
These pancakes are healthy, and yet so easy to indulge in. Besides the applesauce (unsweetened, by the way) – they contain whole-wheat flour.
And they also contain a small amount of cinnamon to enhance the flavor. Absolute yum. I also need to add that this is a super easy to make one-bowl recipe. Yay!
*These Pancakes Can Be Made With Regular Ingredients Also*
FYI – These pancakes are vegan. Therefore they don’t contain any dairy ingredients. But they can still be made with regular dairy ingredients without any loss in taste or flavor.
My passion with this food blog is to create mostly versatile recipes that are for everyone – vegan or not. This is because I am on both sides of the fence here. I enjoy eating both vegan and non-vegan foods.
As a result, I love creating a variety of healthy vegan and non-vegan recipes for people to choose from.
Why Not Just Whole-Wheat Flour?
Well actually, it’s a mixture of whole-wheat and all-purpose flour. For the pancakes to retain a light texture, I felt that adding in regular flour would help achieve that. And it certainly does:)
In addition, the hearty and wholesome taste of the whole-wheat shines through in every bite. You can’t go wrong with that one!
Whole-Wheat Flour Substitutes..
I’m sure there will be some people who would want to use another flour instead of whole-wheat.
If you’re looking for a substitute for the whole-wheat flour, I’m sure regular flour would work just fine.
Beside that, I don’t know of any other flour that would go well with the whole-wheat flour. But I’m sure there may be another one or so..
*I would love to know if you tried using another flour besides the whole-wheat flour. And how it worked out for you*
There’s Really Applesauce In These Pancakes?
You’re probably wondering where the applesauce factors in, right? Okay, I actually took a gamble on adding applesauce to these pancakes.
I’ve never had applesauce as the main star in a pancake recipe. So I didn’t know how they would turn out. I’ve used applesauce in many of my dessert recipes with great success.
Therefore I decided to use it to create this vegan applesauce pancakes recipe. And thank God it worked out successfully as well:)
Don’t Worry – The Applesauce Won’t Be Noticed
What’s more, the texture and taste of the applesauce is undetectable in these pancakes.
That’s why these pancakes are sure to be enjoyed by everyone (even though they contain applesauce).
You Won’t Regret Trying Out These Other Easy Pancake Recipes:
Chocolate Oatmeal Pancakes: The name doesn’t aptly describe how yummy and chocolatey these pancakes are. You won’t regret making these!
Easy Homemade Dairy-Free Pancakes: Another drab sounding name for some of the most delicious, fluffy and moist pancakes.
Easy Buttermilk Cornbread Pancakes: These cornbread pancakes taste amazing, and are perfectly light and fluffy.
The Pros (never any cons) of Making Your Own Pancakes
These pancakes are just about as easy to make as a boxed pancake mix. Maybe just a few minutes more time to make.
Beside them being homemade, making your own pancakes is fun and an accomplishment.
One Thing’s For Sure
You can definitely tell the difference between homemade and boxed mixes once you make your own.
And you’ll most likely prefer to start making your own from then on, unless you’re really short on time.
Vegan Applesauce Pancakes Ingredients
Here are the ingredients that are needed for you to make these pancakes. You usually only need a few basic ingredients to make homemade pancakes.
There’s usually a laundry list of artificial ingredients in most boxed pancake mixes nowadays.
That is, unless you buy an organic boxed pancake mix. At least they don’t contain any artificial ingredients. And they’re close to tasting like homemade.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Whole-Wheat Flour
- Salt: A very small amount so the pancakes won’t be bland or taste flat..
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Cane Sugar: Adds just a touch of sweetness to the batter. You can omit it if you’d like..
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Works along with the other leavening agents to help your pancakes to be their fluffiest.
- Oil: Just a couple of tsp for a little extra flavor (optional).
- Dairy-Free or Regular Milk
I hope you’re satisfied with this vegan applesauce pancakes recipe. And your family also, if applicable.
I’d appreciate any comments, feedback or questions – even suggestions you may have regarding this recipe. Be blessed!
Vegan Applesauce Pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour or use just all-purpose flour instead
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon Use the 1/4 tsp for a slight cinnamon taste, or use 1/2 tsp if you’d prefer a more stronger cinnamon taste.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vegetable or organic canola oil
- 1/2 cup + 6 1/2 tbsp dairy-free or regular milk
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl (flours – sugar). Combine thoroughly.Add in the remaining (wet) ingredients. Combine just until all large lumps are gone. Some tiny lumps will remain, which is normal..
- Heat a large frying pan on low-medium heat. Grease or spray with oil.Add batter to pan. Spread the batter into a circular shape, since it will be a little thick.
- Cook on the first side for at least two minutes (It should be lightly browned).Flip the pancake over, and let cook for another minute. All done, and ready to be serve
- Tip: To keep your pancakes warm while cooking the rest, turn on your oven to 200 degrees. Place a foil-lined baking sheet in the oven. Add each finished pancake to the pan until all of them are done.