Vegan Lemon Mug Cake
This vegan lemon mug cake tastes absolutely incredible. You’ll see for yourself after that first fluffy, moist and lemony bite.
It’s tastes like a breath of fresh air. It’ll seriously have you craving it anytime of the year, not only in the springtime.
How This Mug Cake Came To Be..
This little mug cake is a dream. Honestly, I didn’t think this vegan lemon mug cake would taste like much.
I actually had saved half a lemon (leftover from another recipe attempt). I didn’t want it to go to waste, therefore I decided to create this mug cake with it.
As I stated earlier, I didn’t really expect for this mug cake to taste anything but ordinary. After I combined all the ingredients together, I tasted the batter. It tasted very basic to me. But I put it in the oven to bake anyway.
After letting the mug cake cool down a little, I decided to add a simple glaze to it. A couple of minutes later, I took my first bite.
Oh my, the flavor was incredible! And the texture? Fluffy as could be, and perfectly moist. I must admit that I was completely taken aback.
I think that this vegan lemon mug cake is one of the most perfect mug cake recipes. And not just because it’s my recipe. Hopefully you will think so too. By the way, it’s super easy to make as well.
More Mug Cake Recommendations For You
If you prefer a chocolate flavored mug cake, this chocolate oat mug cake is for you. It’s fluffy, moist, and delicious. In addition to enjoying it for a dessert or snack, it’s also healthy enough for you to eat for breakfast.
Lastly, if you prefer a vanilla flavored mug cake; won’t you check out this vegan vanilla mug cake recipe? I can’t say enough about this mug cake. It has the perfect flavor and texture. Plus, it’s secretly healthy.
Although it’s vegan, you can easily substitute regular ingredients per your preference. There’s really nothing to stop you from making this mug cake even if you’re not vegan.
Vegan Lemon Mug Cake Ingredients:
You don’t need many ingredients to make this vegan lemon mug cake. It can easily serve one – two people.
- Flour (Regular All-Purpose): I haven’t tried this recipe with any other flour.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Sugar (Regular Cane Sugar)
- Salt: Just a dash is needed.
- Shredded Coconut (optional): I would add it in if I were you. It gives this mug cake a unique flavor, almost tropical.
- Oil: Only two teaspoons of oil are needed for this recipe.
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (1/2 Lemon): The natural and fresh flavor of lemon juice straight from a lemon is certainly preferable to artificial lemon juice. If you prefer not to use a lemon, just use 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice. At least it’s not artificial, and will taste more authentic.
- Vanilla Extract: I wanted to add a little vanilla extract to heighten the overall flavor of the mug cake. But not too much to clash with the lemon taste.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar really helps a cake to rise very well. It assists the baking powder and baking soda in leavening this cake.
- Milk: Since this mug cake is vegan, any unsweetened dairy-free milk should work. This includes light coconut milk also. But if you prefer, just use regular milk for a non-vegan option.
I do hope you enjoy every bite of this perfect vegan lemon mug cake. Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much, and be blessed!
Vegan Lemon Mug Cake
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp cane sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut flakes/finely shredded coconut (optional) but really spruces up the flavor of this mug cake!
- 2 tsp oil (organic canola or vegetable)
- 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice. *For an alternative, use organic or natural bottled lemon juice. It’ll taste close to authentic*
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup and 1 1/2 tbsp extra dairy or dairy free milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease or oil small-medium ramekin. In small bowl, thoroughly combine all of the dry ingredients (flour-coconut, if using).
- Add in the remaining ingredients (oil-milk). Combine until mostly smooth. Some small lumps may remain..
- Bake mug cake for 30-31 minutes. *Check in the middle with a toothpick to make sure it’s well baked*
- Let the mug cake cool for a few minutes before adding the glaze (optional).Glaze: In a small bowl, combine 5 1/2 tbsp + 1 tsp powdered sugar; and 2 tsp fresh lemon juice (or milk) until smooth. Drizzle over the mug cake, and sprinkle with a bit of shredded coconut if desired. Let the cake sit for a couple more minutes so the glaze can set. Enjoy!