Dairy Free Cupcakes
These super easy to make chocolate dairy free cupcakes are sure to be a crowd pleaser. And it’s a fun and entertaining recipe to make with kids.
You can have your very own homemade chocolate cupcakes in no time. What more can a chocolate lover ask for?
Healthy, Chocolatey and Moist..
These cupcakes are as a cupcake should be. They’re the perfect amount of chocolatey and moist without containing a lot of butter and oil.
In addition, there’s no eggs needed for these cupcakes, since they’re dairy-free. But they certainly don’t taste any less than any other full-fat cupcake.
Beside this dairy free cupcakes recipe, be sure to check out these other yummy chocolate recipes.
By the way, let me inform you that these recipes are really easy to make. In addition, they’re healthy without tasting boring in any way:
Oil-Free Chocolate Loaf
The first recipe that you’re sure to go gaga over is this vegan chocolate loaf cake.
This loaf may be free of oil, but it definitely isn’t lacking in flavor. And I can’t say enough about that rich chocolate taste.
Vegan Chocolate Cornbread Waffles
Yes, you heard correctly. These chocolate waffles contain cornmeal. They’re chocolatey, lightly crispy and fluffy.
Plus, they are absolutely delicious, let me tell you!
You get a rich chocolate taste along with the slightly crumbly texture of cornbread. Can’t get any better than that..
The Matter of Convenience
Can you believe that it’s really easy to make your own cupcakes? It may be more convenient to just buy a pre-packaged mix from the grocery store.
I have to agree that a pre-packaged cake or brownie mix can come in handy when you’re short on time.
But there’s just such a satisfaction and joy in creating it myself – whenever possible. And I’m sure that many of you feel the same.
These dairy free cupcakes don’t take much longer to make than a boxed mix. Honest!
Fulfillment in Making Your Own From Scratch
I know that it’s so quick to just open a ready-made mix, and throw the contents into a bowl. Then just add whatever oil, water or milk you need.
I used to feel that way myself. But after trying out various recipes, I found such fulfillment in baking and cooking from scratch. And I still do to this day.
Believe me, I’m no stranger to a box of Duncan Hines cake mix. Actually, my love of baking grew from using boxed cake mixes.
On the Other Hand..
On the other hand, this chocolate cupcake recipe is super easy to make on your own.
All you do is combine your dry ingredients, then add in the wet ingredients. Then add to a lined muffin pan and bake.
I even included the easiest chocolate frosting recipe for the cupcakes. Or you can use your own frosting..
Dairy Free Cupcakes Ingredients:
Only a few simple ingredients stand between you and this dairy free cupcakes recipe. Here’s a quick rundown:
- All-Purpose Flour: Or I think spelt flour would work well in these cupcakes.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Sugar: If you want, just use regular sugar. Regarding coconut sugar – it’s a little healthier than regular sugar. This is because it has a lower glycemic index.
- Cocoa Powder
- Vegetable/organic canola oil: Don’t worry – Only a half tbsp is needed for this recipe.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This helps to enhance the fluffiness of the cupcakes.
- Milk: This recipe is versatile. For vegan, use dairy-free milk. For non-vegan, you can just go ahead and use regular milk.
I would love to hear how this dairy free cupcakes recipe worked out for you. If you have any comments or feedback, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much!
Dairy Free Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup and 3 tbsp coconut (or regular sugar)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable/organic canola oil
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp dairy-free (regular) milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in 9-10 muffin cavities. Spray lightly with oil spray so the cupcakes won’t stick. Set aside..
- Thoroughly combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (flour-salt).
- Add in the wet ingredients (oil-milk). Combine (with a fork is best) until mostly smooth.
- Divide batter between the muffin cavities. Bake for around 23 minutes. Let cool before frosting.
- Easy Chocolate Frosting: Combine 1 cup powdered sugar along with 2 tbsp cocoa powder in large bowl. *Or sift together*Add in 3 tbsp softened vegan (or regular) butter, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract along with 4 1/2 to 5 teaspoons nondairy (or regular) milk.Beat on medium-high speed with a hand mixer. It may take a few minutes mixing time until it’s very smooth.