Vegan Olive Oil Cake
This dairy-free/vegan olive oil cake is absolutely delish! It’s also super easy to make. In addition, anyone that you serve it to is sure to enjoy its soft and moist texture.
You don’t always need an unhealthy amount of eggs or butter/oil to ensure a moist texture for a cake or other dessert.
A healthy combo of extra virgin olive oil and Greek yogurt gives this cake an optimal texture and flavor.
And with a little whole-wheat flour thrown in, you have the perfect healthy dessert that tastes anything but. Unless you spill the beans, that is..
Oh I almost forgot about the glaze topping. It only contains two ingredients: powdered sugar and milk (dairy-free or dairy). But you don’t want to forget glazing this cake with it, because it adds even more flavor.
You Can Use Dairy if You’d Like..
As I’ve mentioned earlier, this vegan olive oil cake doesn’t contain any dairy.
Therefore, it helps the process of making this cake more easier. You don’t have to worry about cracking eggs or anything. Just a simple process of combining the ingredients in a bowl, and that’s pretty much it.
You may not be used to using nondairy products, or don’t usually keep them on hand. In that case, just use what you regularly use.
There are only two nondairy ingredients in this cake. They include vegan Greek yogurt and non-dairy milk. Therefore, you can just use your regular dairy products in place of them.
The texture should be almost the same, and if anything; your cake should taste more richer.
Why You Should Choose Extra Virgin Olive Oil Over Olive Oil
You’ll notice that regular olive oil costs less than extra virgin olive oil. But I assure you – it’s definitely worth paying more for the extra virgin olive oil (IMO).
First of all, extra virgin olive oil isn’t highly processed like regular olive oil. Therefore it doesn’t contain any harmful solvents or other chemicals that aren’t good for your body.
Secondly, you don’t have any weird aftertastes to worry about. And extra virgin olive oil is manufactured more sustainably without the need for any artificial chemicals.
More Extra Virgin Olive Oil Recipes You’ll Love..
I’m a big fan of using extra virgin olive oil for a lot of my baking recipes, as you can probably tell. Here are a few more recipes for you to check out, that contain it.
Usually you can’t even really taste the olive oil in these recipes. Just a hint, if anything. Just make sure to use a light tasting olive oil. Nothing too robust, where the olive oil taste is too overpowering; and you should be good to go:)
Easy Chocolate Olive Oil Cake Recipe: This chocolate olive oil cake is absolutely delicious and so moist. And of course, it has all the chocolatey flavor you’re looking for; while still being healthy.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Vegan Bagels: I’m confident that you will love these bagels! They’re super easy to make, as well as perfectly chewy. And they’re healthy as well.
Nutritious and Tasty Vegan Hamburger Buns: These hamburger buns aren’t your average hamburger buns. They’re full of nutritious ingredients. And they’re super tasty also.
Easiest Oatmeal Breakfast Drop Biscuits: From what I’ve seen, there are countless drop biscuit recipes out there. But what differentiates these from all the rest, are that they’re unique and so tasty. Also a healthy addition to your meal, breakfast, etc.
Vegan Olive Oil Cake Ingredients:
This olive oil cake is as easy to make as you’re hoping for. You also don’t need to worry about using a hand mixer, as the ingredients are conveniently combined by hand.
Another reason for you to be happy about making this cake, is that you don’t need a lot of ingredients. At all! And the ingredients you do need are a very small amount.
I’m going to list them below, so that you’ll be sure that you have all or most of them beforehand.
Therefore you can proceed with the recipe with everything you need. Which means no having to go to the store at the last minute..
- All-Purpose Flour
- Whole-Wheat Flour or Use All-Purpose Flour Instead
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Sugar (regular cane) or Other Preferred Sweetener
- Greek Yogurt (dairy-free such as Kite Hill or regular dairy, and full-fat or low-fat)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Unsweetened Dairy-Free or Regular Milk
I hope you enjoy this vegan olive oil cake recipe. If you have any questions or comments, let me know in the comment section below. Thank you so much, and have a blessed day:)
Vegan Olive Oil Cake
- 1 9×5 inch loaf pan
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour *or sub regular all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup and 1/2 tbsp + 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt *dairy-free or regular*
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups dairy-free or regular milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease or oil the loaf pan, and set aside.In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flour – sugar).
- In a smaller (medium) bowl, combine the wet ingredients well with a fork. This includes the Greek yogurt, olive oil, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and milk.
- Pour the combined wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Combine together with the fork just until the mixture is mostly smooth. Some small lumps may remain..
- Add batter to the loaf pan, making sure to spread it evenly in the pan. Bake for around 43 minutes. Test the middle of the loaf with a toothpick before turning the oven off, to make sure the loaf is fully done.
- After taking the pan out of the oven, let it sit for 5 minutes before removing the loaf. Transfer the loaf to a wire rack or other surface to cool further. Serve topped with whipped cream, ice cream, frozen yogurt, etc. Or even plain, if you’d like.*If glazing this loaf, make sure it’s fully cooled, so the glaze won’t melt into the loaf. And allow the glaze to set for a few minutes afterwards before serving* Enjoy!