Dairy Free Brownies
These dairy free brownies are incredible! First of all, think about sinking your teeth into a warm gooey and chocolatey brownie.
And not just any brownie, but a brownie filled with oats and chocolate, which is one of my favorite pairings. Which means that they’re healthy enough to eat for breakfast as well.
Oh yes, these dairy free brownies are so good. And so delish. I didn’t mean to make you drool already…
I almost forgot to add that these brownies are also so easy to make. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about dirtying a lot of dishes afterwards..
Chocolate and Oats Combo
As I’ve stated earlier, I love combining chocolate with oats. They just go together very well. You get the whole-grain goodness and texture of oats with the rich flavor of chocolate. Absolutely yummy..
I’m sure these dairy free brownies have piqued your interest so far. Here are a couple more oats and chocolate recipes for you to check out:
Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes
These chocolate chip oatmeal pancakes are absolutely scrumptious. First of all, they’re so moist and fluffy. Plus, they’re dairy-free, which means no eggs or other dairy products. If you’re a strict vegan, make sure to only use dairy-free chocolate chips and milk.
If you prefer to use regular milk and chocolate chips – that’s fine also. This pancake recipe is for both vegans and non-vegans. Whenever I can, I love creating recipes that can be made vegan or non-vegan.
Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies! I can’t say enough how yummy these double chocolate oatmeal cookies are. They’re also addictively soft and chewy. Plus you’re getting a double dose of chocolate here.
The chocolate needed for these cookies is minimal, to keep them healthy. But you’re always free to add a little more.
The chocolate flavor of these cookies comes from cocoa powder. Cocoa powder contains some pretty amazing nutrients Read here for more info.. How incredible that one of my favorite ingredients to work with is so health beneficial?
Dairy Free Brownies Ingredients:
Without further ado, here are the ingredients that you will need to make these yummy brownies:
- All-Purpose Flour or Spelt Flour: I used all-purpose flour when creating this recipe. But spelt flour, another favorite flour of mine – would work also.
- Oat Flour: I love that just by blending oats in a blender, you get oat flour. The oat flour adds healthy whole-grain to the brownies.
- Oats: I used quick-cooking oats, as I prefer the less chewy texture. But regular oats should work as well, if you prefer.
- Baking Powder
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips: I used mini chocolate chips, but you can also use regular sized ones. For non-vegans: just use regular chocolate chips.
- Cocoa Powder
- Cane Sugar or Coconut Sugar: I used cane sugar for this brownie recipe. But I’ve also used coconut sugar in similar recipes – and it worked perfectly.
- Vanilla Extract: If you don’t want your brownies to lack any flavor – don’t forget to add this!
- Unsweetened Applesauce: Oh yes, the applesauce adds the necessary healthy moisture that these brownies possess.
- Dairy-Free Yogurt: A cashew or almond milk flavored yogurt should work fine. You can also use regular dairy yogurt if you prefer – for a non-vegan option.
- Vegetable or Organic Canola Oil: I emphasize organic canola oil, as regular canola oil contains solvents, and is highly processed.
- Milk: Unsweetened Non-Dairy or Regular Dairy
I really hope you enjoy eating your super yum dairy free brownies. If you have any comments or feedback on this recipe, let me know in the comments section below. Thank you and God bless!
Dairy Free Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup oats (quick-cooking or regular)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp mini (or regular) chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon cane sugar (add in a couple more teaspoons if needed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable or organic canola oil
- 1 cup and a tbsp milk (unsweetened non-dairy or dairy)
- 2 tbsp dairy-free Greek yogurt or regular yogurt can be used
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and set aside an 8×8 inch square baking pan. In large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (flour-sugar) very well.
- In a separate small bowl – combine the wet ingredients (vanilla extract-milk) until smooth. It’s easier to do this with a fork..
- Add the combined wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. *Don’t over-stir: just combine everything until the batter is mostly smooth. It’s ok for smallish lumps to remain*
- Add the batter to the pan, and spread evenly. Top with a sprinkle of chocolate chips/oats before baking, if desired. Bake for around 30 minutes. Let cool a few minutes (if you can!) before serving. *You don’t want to over-bake them: so they keep that gooey texture*