Easy And Moist Vegan Chocolate Cake
This easy and moist vegan chocolate cake recipe is super simple to make. And the resulting cake is so rich, chocolatey, and delicious! It’s also super fluffy, and even more yummy with vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream.
Besides being absolutely delicious, this chocolate cake is secretly healthy too. It contains ground flaxseed, coconut sugar – which has a lower glycemic index than regular sugar, and only contains 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
I almost forgot: there’s unsweetened applesauce in this cake as well, which helps it to have plenty of healthy moisture.
Pretty impressive, right? I’m amazed myself at how it came out, being that it’s dairy-free and contains such a small amount of oil. By the way, I recommend that you use whatever light cooking oil you have on hand already.
Suggested Oils You Can Use to Make This Cake
Some examples include organic canola oil (what I used), vegetable oil; or even a very light-tasting organic olive oil. I’ve used extra-virgin olive oil in a few cake recipes, and you could hardly taste it in there.
If you’ve noticed, I recommend that you use organic canola oil and/or organic extra-virgin olive oil. I found out some disturbing things about regular canola and olive oil, such as they’re highly processed and also contain solvents.
I just want to let anyone know this, that didn’t know about it before. I know that organic food products are considerably higher than regular conventional food products.
It’s definitely worth paying a higher price for something that is better for you and your family’s body and health in the long run. Wouldn’t you agree?
This Cake is Not Just For Vegans
That’s exactly right. This easy and moist vegan chocolate cake recipe is for anyone, vegan or not. Yes, I made this cake (and frosting) with dairy-free milk.
But you can easily use your preferred choice of milk – including dairy milk. The cake will still come out super delish, regardless. In addition, this cake doesn’t contain any eggs, as it’s vegan.
But it still tastes just as scrumptious as any other chocolate cake out there. You’ll see..
A Quick Rundown on How to Make This cake
I repeat – this easy and moist vegan chocolate cake is super easy to make. I would also say that it’s a kid-friendly recipe for sure.
- Before you even get out your baking utensils, it’s best to turn on your oven; as in preheat. It doesn’t take long to make the cake batter, so the oven will already be ready for you to bake the cake straightaway.
- This is an easy one-bowl/no hand mixer needed recipe. So that means all you will have to do is combine all of the dry ingredients thoroughly in the bowl first.
- Then you will add in the wet ingredients; such as the milk, oil, etc. You should only have to stir the batter a few times. All the large flour lumps should be gone, and only tiny lumps will remain. These smallish lumps are completely normal..
- After adding the batter to the prepared (greased or oiled) baking pan, all you have to do is put it in the oven to bake. That’s all there is to it.
*I will also include an easy chocolate frosting recipe for this cake, or you can use your own frosting*
In addition, here are a few other easy chocolate cake recipes for you, if you’d like:
Chocolate Oat Breakfast Cake – mug cake recipe
Vegan Chocolate Cupcake Recipe (non-vegan option available)
Chocolate Olive Oil Cake Recipe
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake (non-vegan option available)
Easy and Moist Vegan Chocolate Cake Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this yummy chocolate cake. As you’ll see, they’re basic and simple ones.
- All-Purpose Flour: Or try using a blend of all-purpose and whole-wheat flour.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This helps ensure a fluffy light texture.
- Coconut Sugar: If you don’t have this on hand, you can just use regular sugar. -You may need to add a tbsp extra of regular sugar, since coconut sugar is less sweet-
- Ground Flaxseed (optional): This also adds to the secret healthiness of the cake. The cake will still taste amazing without it, and will still be plenty healthy.
- Cocoa Powder
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Oil (only 1/2 tbsp)
- Vanilla Extract
- Dairy-Free or Regular Milk
Here’s all the info you need about this easy and moist vegan chocolate cake. I really hope you like it, and if you have any questions or comments; I’m here. God bless!
Easy And Moist Vegan Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup and an extra 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar/or 3/4 cup regular sugar
- 2 tsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tbsp light cooking oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk (unsweetened dairy-free or regular)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease/oil an 8×8 inch square baking pan; and set aside.To a large mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients (flour – cocoa powder).Combine thoroughly with a fork, or sift together.
- Add in all of the wet ingredients (apple cider vinegar – milk). Combine just until mostly smooth with tiny lumps. Add to the baking pan. Bake for 43-45 minutes until done. To make sure, check the middle of the cake with a toothpick. Let cool fully before frosting.*Easy chocolate frosting: Combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 3 tbsp softened butter, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, and 4 1/2 – 5 tsp milk (dairy-free or dairy) with a hand mixer on medium-high for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth*