Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
The texture of these super easy-to-make gooey chocolate peanut butter oat cookies is insane! I can’t wait for you to see for yourself.
I know you’re intrigued now, right? Honestly, I had no idea that the texture of these cookies would be so amazing. They’re soft, chewy and super gooey at the same time.
Healthy and Yummy = Powerhouse Combination
There’s no other combo that’s as incredible as chocolate + peanut butter, is there? I mean, there are other such combos..
But I think a chocolate and peanut butter combo is in the top 5 hands down. It’s a favored combo for many people, including yours truly.
On top of this powerhouse combo, these cookies contain healthy oats and unsweetened applesauce. Can’t go wrong there:)
Creamy Peanut Butter + Unsweetened Applesauce Adds Moisture to These Cookies
I’m not 100% sure what makes these cookies so deliciously gooey and soft at the same time. I’m pretty sure that the peanut butter and applesauce play a big part.
Organic Creamy Peanut Butter vs Traditional Peanut Butter
The best kind of peanut butter to use in baking is organic or natural creamy peanut butter. Organic (preferable) or natural peanut butters only contain peanuts or peanuts with a minimal amount of salt.
Peanuts naturally contain plenty of oil. You can usually see it at the top of most organic peanut butter jars. And after stirring it in, the peanut butter gets very creamy and has a more liquid consistency.
Regular or traditional peanut butters often have extra ingredients added that are unnecessary, such as unhealthy soybean oil and sugar. Not good.
It’s Worth it to Buy Organic Peanut Butter
These gooey chocolate peanut butter oat cookies get a lot of their moisture and soft texture from the natural creaminess of the peanut butter.
This is why its better to buy *organic* or natural peanut butter. Because there’s nothing artificial added to it that shouldn’t be. It’s perfect already naturally.
Unsweetened Applesauce – Another Natural Moisture Contributor
In addition to the peanut butter – applesauce adds moisture and that super gooey texture to these cookies as well. Peanut butter already contains oil. Therefore applesauce is just an additional healthy source of moisture that’s oil-free.
Super Easy Cookie Recipe
I’m sure you’re glad to know that these cookies are really easy to make. You only have to add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, refrigerate the dough for a bit; then bake yourself some cookies!
*Refrigerating the dough helps it to be more easy to form into cookies. You may still have to wet your fingers a bit (with water) while forming the cookies, if the dough softens again*
Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Cookies Ingredients
Now here’s all the ingredients that you need to make these cookies. Just ordinary basic ingredients that you’re sure to have on hand already.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Quick Oats: If you only have regular rolled oats, you can blend them into smaller pieces. Unless you don’t mind a more chunkier texture to your cookies..
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Very Small amount (1/2 tbsp) Softened Butter
- Creamy Peanut Butter (preferably organic or natural. Or regular, if that’s your choice)
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Milk (dairy or dairy-free)
More cookie Recommendations
If you’d like to explore more cookie options, I have just the ones for you.
These chocolate banana oat breakfast cookies are so yummy and chewy. And you can get away with making them for breakfast, because they’re so good for you too.
On the other hand, these double chocolate whole-wheat cookies are too delish. And that chocolate/whole-grain combo can’t be beat.
I hope you truly enjoy this gooey chocolate peanut butter oat cookies recipe. I’d love to know how you liked them – or any other feedback. Be blessed!
Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat CookiesHomecooknblog
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp quick cooking oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup and 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp softened butter
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 5 tbsp milk and 1 extra tsp, if needed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and combine thoroughly with a fork. *You may have to use your fingers to make sure the dough is completely combined*
- Refrigerate the dough for 20-25 minutes. If it’s still too soft, refrigerate for a few minutes more..
- Form into 15 (around 1 1/2 tbsp each) cookies. Make sure to press down the tops to flatten.Bake from 12-13 minutes. The less time you bake them, the more gooey they’ll be. Enjoy!