Super Scrumptious Chocolate Protein Pancakes
I just couldn’t wait to get this super scrumptious chocolate protein pancakes recipe out. I actually pushed another recipe aside temporarily because I got too impatient over this one, lol.
Don’t worry, I’m planning on posting the other recipe after this one. It’s really delicious also, by the way. But after tasting how delicious these pancakes were, I decided to publish the recipe right away.
I also have this chocolate oatmeal pancake recipe that I feel the same way about. They are just as delicious and scrumptious. The only differences are that they contain oats, and are dairy free.
Let me tell you, you won’t even be able to tell that these pancakes are dairy free. They certainly are just as moist and fluffy (and just as tasty) as these chocolate protein pancakes are.
What Makes These Protein Pancakes So Incredible
First things first: these chocolate protein pancakes are melt in your mouth delicious! The texture of these pancakes is so moist with the most delightful chocolate flavor.
The texture and taste alone has earned my stamp of approval. I’m confident that these pancakes will earn your approval as well.
FYI: I would advise topping your pancakes with a little butter and pure maple syrup before eating. You could also throw a few chocolate chips on top for good measure.
*They Contain Yogurt, Which is a Great Source of Protein
And let’s not forget that they contain protein. I decided to use Greek yogurt as the protein source for these pancakes. Mostly everyone has yogurt in their fridge.
If you’re vegan, you can easily sub a nondairy yogurt instead. Any nondairy Greek style yogurt should work.
You’re probably wondering why I describe these pancakes as scrumptious, right? I could’ve just described them as being delicious, but they taste more than that. Hopefully you’ll see for yourself..
*They Contain Healthy Chocolate (not the bad for you kind)
I’m sure almost all of us can unanimously agree on being chocolate lovers. What’s better than starting your day with a dose of chocolate, agreed?
At least these chocolate protein pancakes contain the good kind of chocolate. The kind that you don’t have to feel ashamed about eating early in the morning. The chocolate I’m referring to is cocoa powder.
Cocoa powder is very healthy, in fact. It’s low in fat, cholesterol, sodium, sugar; and other things that are unhealthy in large amounts.
You can use cocoa powder in various dessert and breakfast foods. It basically adds a rich chocolate flavor without being detrimental to your health. Pretty neat, huh?
*These Pancakes Are So Easy to Make
I wish I mentioned earlier how super easy it is to make these chocolate protein pancakes. Better late than never, ya know?
This is one of the most simplest pancake recipes you’ll make. There are other similar recipes out there also – like this yummy chocolate protein pancake recipe at Veggie World Recipes.
Super Simple Process to Make These Pancakes:
To make these pancakes, all you have to do is add everything to one bowl. Well, you’ll combine the dry ingredients in the bowl first. Then you add in the wet ingredients and combine everything together. That’s pretty much it..
I would say that my pancake recipes are pretty simplistic and easy. And most of them are one-bowl recipes. If you’d like to check them out, just type pancakes in the search box above.
Super Scrumptious Chocolate Protein Pancakes Ingredients:
Now onto the next best thing about making these pancakes! It’s takes just a small amount of basic ingredients to make them. Without further ado, here they are..
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder: Or you can use cacao powder, which has a similar taste profile.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Sugar (lower glycemic than regular sugar): I used organic golden coconut sugar. You can also use brown coconut sugar (more intense caramel taste) or regular sugar. You can even leave the sugar out if you’d like.
- Vanilla Extract (optional, but adds more flavor)
- Oil (organic canola oil, vegetable oil, etc.): This recipe calls for only a small amount of oil to add a little more richness. Otherwise, you can omit it if you want to.
- Dairy or Nondairy Greek Yogurt
- Dairy or Nondairy Milk
Well, that’s about it for this recipe. Let me know in the comments section below how these chocolate protein pancakes worked for you. Be blessed!
Super Scrumptious Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or regular sugar) or you can leave the sugar out completely
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp oil organic canola oil, vegetable oil, etc.
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt can also substitute nondairy Greek style yogurt
- 3/4 cup and 4 tbsp dairy or dairy free milk
- Dairy or dairy free chocolate chips for topping, if desired
- Add all of the dry ingredients (flour thru sugar) to a large mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly or sift together.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (wet ingredients). Combine just till the batter forms. Make sure that any large floury lumps are gone.Some smallish lumps will remain, which is normal..
- Heat a skillet or frying pan to low-medium heat. Add a little butter or spray with oil.
- Pour your desired amount of batter into the pan, in a circular shape. Cook for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes on the first side, until bubbles start to form on the surface.Flip the pancake over, and cook for an extra minute to make sure it’s fully cooked inside.
- Top your pancakes with chocolate chips before serving, if desired. Also any other pancake toppings. Enjoy!