Sugar Free Pancakes
These are some of the most delicious sugar free pancakes you’ll ever eat. And I’m just so filled with anticipation for you to see how they look and taste. Even with the omission of sugar, they still taste super incredible.
As you can probably see from the photo, these pancakes are delightfully fluffy. And every bite is so soft and moist. What I’m trying to say, is that these are the ultimate sugar free pancakes!
Easy One-Bowl Recipe
You’re only going to need one bowl to make these pancakes. As a recipe creator, I love creating recipes that usually only require one bowl. They’re easier to make, and you have less to clean-up afterwards. Win-win on both sides.
In addition, I love creating recipes just by using basic ingredients. It’s truly amazing how little it takes to make homemade pancakes. Unlike some boxed pancake mixes out there..
Just to reiterate:
Yes, this sugar free pancakes recipe was created in mind for those who are under a sugar restriction. Or who are looking to lessen the amount of sugar they consume on a regular basis.
On the other hand, I created this recipe for everyone else as well! Even those with a sweet tooth (myself included..). There’s no sugar included in the recipe, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add any in, right?
In that case, I would say to add 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar to give the pancake batter some sweetness.
Or if you’d like to add a little more, or even less; you’re free to do so. You can also try using an unrefined sugar from this handy list by Monique over at Ambitious Kitchen.
*Just My Little Ol’ Opinion..*
This is just my opinion – but a little sweetness doesn’t hurt. If anything, it helps to make most people’s eating experience even better.
But just take what I say with a grain of salt. There are some people out there, including diabetics; who absolutely have to watch their sugar intake. In this case, your doctor can advise you on which sugar alternative is best for you.
Overall, no one is missing out on anything with these pancakes, even though they’re sugar free. Topped with your favorite toppings such as maple syrup, fresh fruit, etc. – these pancakes are sure to taste amazing. Even for those with dietary limitations.
The Less Sugar, the Better
I am not on a sugar-restricted diet. Nor do I have a condition that requires me to limit my sugar intake.
Yet I feel it’s best for us to cut back on sugar consumption as much as possible. It can help to head off any potential health problems due to excess sugar intake, in the long run.
Too much sugar in your diet can also contribute to heart disease and type 2 diabetes, among other diseases. Therefore it’s important for us to be very aware of how much sugar we eat. It’s never too late..
Your Next Favorite Pancake Recipe
I’m so excited for you to try out this recipe. In addition, I also these other super easy and delish pancake recipes you may be interested in trying out:
Sugar Free Pancakes Ingredients
With most of the ingredients in your pantry already, you’ll be eating these pancakes in no time! Here’s the full list just in case you’re out of something, or just want to know what you’ll need.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Salt: Just a touch for flavor.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract (optional but highly recommended): Adds even more depth to the flavor of these pancakes.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Or you can use whatever oil you usually use for baking.
- An Egg: You can try leaving it out if you’d like, but the pancakes may not be as fluffy..
- Greek Yogurt: Low-fat or regular is fine. Either one adds protein and contributes to the soft and light texture of the pancakes. You can also substitute non-dairy Greek yogurt.
- Milk: As with the Greek yogurt, low-fat or regular is fine. And you can use dairy-free milk instead, if you want to.
I’d like to thank you very much for considering this sugar free pancake recipe. I hope it fulfills your expectations.
I would love to know how it turns out for you. If you would be so kind as to leave a comment/rating, I would greatly appreciate it. Be blessed!
Sugar Free Pancakes
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda *to add more depth of flavor, in place of the sugar*
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or any other oil you usually use when baking
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt (of choice)
- 1 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp milk (of choice)
- Combine or sift all of the dry ingredients together very well. (This will be the flour thru the baking soda)
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients. Combine just until the batter comes together. Some small lumps are normal.Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes before making the pancakes. I believe it helps towards that super fluffy texture also..
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet to low-medium heat. Spray with oil spray, or grease with a little oil/butter.
- Pour the amount of batter you’d like in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side until lightly browned.Flip the pancake(s) over, and cook for an extra 1 -2 minutes. The batter should make around 7 pancakes, or a couple more; if you make them smaller.
- Serve topped with your favorite sugar-free (or regular) syrup, a little butter, etc.