Dairy Free Pancakes Recipe
This easy dairy free pancakes recipe is one of the easiest recipes you can make. They’re just about as easy to make as a box of Pearl Milling Company (formerly known as Aunt Jemima) pancake mix.
In addition to being super easy to make, these pancakes are perfectly soft, light and fluffy. And just because they’re dairy-free, doesn’t mean they’re tasteless in any way.
In fact, you won’t believe how full of flavor these pancakes are! Just giving you fair warning..
About Boxed Pancake Mixes
I’m definitely not against using boxed pancake mixes. I grew up on them, in fact. And there are some great organic and all-natural pancake mixes out there.
If you ever have to resort to using a boxed pancake mix, I would go with one that has organic ingredients. Or mostly all-natural ingredients.
This way you’re sure to have pancakes that taste almost close to homemade, since there’s no artificial or synthetic ingredients in there.
With these boxed pancake mixes, you won’t have to worry about any added artificial flavors or other additives. Just pure honest to goodness ingredients:). Of course, you have the right to choosing what pancake mix you prefer..
Nothing Like Homemade Pancakes Though..
I’m honestly team homemade pancakes. Though I ate boxed pancake mix pancakes for the majority of my early years, I just can’t turn back.
And if I did have to on a rare occasion, I would definitely use one of the previously mentioned pancake mixes. Or something similar.
There’s just no denying that making your own homemade pancakes is just more fulfilling. They’re usually very easy to make. And it usually doesn’t take a lot of ingredients to make them – which always helps.
Do I Have to Make These Pancakes Dairy-Free Only?
These pancakes are dairy-free, but they taste amazingly like any other pancakes. Even your kids are sure to love em.
The great thing about this recipe, is that you can change out the dairy-free milk needed for regular milk. I chose to use dairy-free milk, but you can use whatever milk you normally use to make these pancakes.
The other aspect that makes these pancakes dairy-free, is that they don’t contain any eggs. But they’re still just as tasty, and have the same light fluffy texture as regular pancakes.
Therefore there’s no special ingredients that you have to buy to make these yummy pancakes. And that’s what makes them so amazing.
Other Easy and Super Delish Pancake Recipes For You
I can’t help it. Creating pancake recipes is one of my favorite and exciting things to do. And I really enjoy coming up with new interesting flavors for pancakes.
Beside this dairy free pancakes recipe, here are a few more pancake recipe recommendations for you.
*These pancake recipes are all super easy to make, and you only need a small amount of basic ingredients to make them. And all of these non-dairy pancake recipes can easily be made with regular ingredients*
Dairy Free Pancakes Recipe Ingredients
I’m sure you’re wondering what ingredients you need to make these pancakes. Well, I’m glad to announce that you probably have most of them on hand already. If not all..
- All-Purpose Flour
- Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour: Adds lightness and softness to the pancakes. Or you can just use regular all-purpose flour instead.
- Baking Powder
- Sugar (regular cane sugar)
- Unsweetened Dairy-Free or Regular Milk
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or other light cooking oil)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (one of my favorite baking ingredients): Helps to add fluffiness and gives more rise to baked products.
I’d love to know what you think of this dairy free pancakes recipe. The comments section is below. Thank you so much!
Dairy Free Pancakes Recipe
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp dairy-free or regular milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or other light cooking oil)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (or just sub 1/2 cup regular all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp regular cane sugar (optional)
- First, in a small bowl; combine the milk, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Let sit aside to curdle while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Meanwhile, to a large bowl – add all of the dry ingredients. Combine thoroughly or sift together.Add the wet ingredients (milk mixture from step 1) to the dry ingredients. Combine just until the batter is mostly smooth*.*It’s normal for some very small lumps to remain*
- Heat a skillet/frying pan on medium heat. Grease or spray with oil.Using about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, cook for 2 minutes on the first side. After flipping, cook for an extra minute or so until browned. Serve with your favorite pancake toppings. Enjoy:)