Almond Milk Pancakes
You won’t be able to resist these amazing almond milk pancakes! Of course you may also enjoy this vegan buttermilk cornbread pancakes recipe. Or also for chocolate lovers: this must-try scrumptious chocolate oatmeal pancake recipe.
But I assure you – you won’t regret making these super delish almond milk pancakes. Don’t be surprised if your family asks you to make these on a regular basis, because they’re so good.
This pancake recipe calls for almond milk specifically, but don’t feel like you can’t use your favorite milk instead. It can honestly be almond milk, another dairy-free milk; or whatever dairy milk you usually use.
Whatever milk you use, these pancakes are sure to please everyone’s palate.
Beside the Milk..
Though these pancakes are made from almond milk (or other milk), they’re not totally dairy-free. They also contain an egg.
If you’d like for them to be completely dairy-free or vegan, I’m sure you can leave the egg out without any issues. I haven’t tried it myself, but they should still come out light and fluffy. I would love to know how it goes..
Either way you decide to customize this recipe, these pancakes are also pretty healthy. Beside the milk and egg, there’s only a small amount of oil added as well.
You can even leave it out if you want to. This recipe is basically a guideline. Therefore you’re free to put your own personal touches on it to make it your own.
That’s what I love about baking/cooking. And I’m sure that’s what you love about it also.
These Pancakes Are Super Easy to Make
You’ll also appreciate how easy it is to make these almond milk pancakes. The batter comes together pretty quickly and conveniently.
And you’re sure to have most or all of the ingredients in your pantry already. It’s about as easy to make as a boxed pancake mix. Now, what’s not to love about that?
Move Over Boxed Pancake Mix!
I have nothing against boxed pancake mixes. They’re convenient and usually pretty quick to make. If I was going to recommend one, I would advise you to use one that has organic ingredients.
A boxed pancake mix like Annies Organic Pancake and Waffle Mix is pretty decent. And all of the ingredients are clean and mostly organic. Which means no icky artificial colors or flavors for you to worry about..
There’s Just Nothing Like Homemade Pancakes
A yummy stack of homemade pancakes is on a different level, if you know what I mean. Though there are some pretty close ones such as the one I mentioned earlier.
Along with that incomparable homemade taste, you get the satisfaction of knowing you made them yourself. All while using the simplest of ingredients.
The Process is Easier When You’re Prepared With Everything You Need Ahead of Time
There’s really nothing to making these almond milk pancakes. The batter is ready in under 15 minutes actually. It helps if you gather all of the ingredients you need beforehand.
It’s less stressful when you have everything that’s needed to make these pancakes in advance. This will prevent you from having to go to the store at the last minute for a missing ingredient. This can be very frustrating, from personal experience..
How You’re Going to Make These Pancakes
To make these almond milk (or any milk of your choice) pancakes, you’ll only need one large mixing bowl. It was my aim to make this pancake recipe simple and easy for anyone to make.
Therefore all you will have to is combine all of the dry ingredients in the bowl first. Make sure to break up any large lumps. If you want, you can even sift the dry ingredients together.
After that, all you have to do is add in the liquid/wet ingredients including the egg. After combining the ingredients together a few times, you’re done. Nothing to it:)
I’m sure you already know by now that it’s not good to over-mix the batter, right? This is so that the pancakes won’t be tough. And they will have that light and fluffy texture you’re going for.
Almond Milk Pancakes Ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour (or all-purpose gluten-free flour)
- Baking Powder
- A Little Sugar: Can be omitted if desired.
- A Little Salt
- An Egg (lightly beaten)
- A Little Cooking Oil (organic canola, vegetable oil, etc.)
- Unsweetened Almond Milk or Other Unsweetened Dairy-Free Milk: You can also use regular milk if desired.
Thank you so much for considering this almond milk pancakes recipe. If you have any questions or comments, do let me know in the comments section below. Thank you so much and God bless!
Almond Milk Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 – 2 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 tsp light cooking oil
- 1 cup and an extra 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or other milk)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You can add the pancakes that are done cooking on a foil-lined baking sheet placed in the oven.This way, the pancakes will be kept warm till you’re finished making the rest.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl (flour – sugar). Sift or combine thoroughly.Add in the remaining wet ingredients, including the egg. Combine (only a few times) with a fork or small whisk until mostly smooth. Some smallish lumps will remain..*Optional: Allow the batter to sit for 8-10 minutes to help the pancakes be their fluffiest*
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Spray with a cooking spray or add a little butter.Add about 1/4 cup or more of the pancake batter to the pan. Spread the batter into a circular shape if necessary.
- Cook for around 3 minutes on the first side. Flip over, then cook for another minute or so until lightly browned.Do this till the batter is gone (should make 6 pancakes total). Enjoy with your favorite toppings.