Moist Einkorn Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins
I can’t believe how delicious these moist einkorn whole-wheat chocolate chip muffins are. And I’m sure you’ll agree.
For real, I’m not exaggerating! These muffins are so scrumptious and taste too good to be healthy. But they are.
You won’t be able to resist eating more than one, unless you have very strong willpower. When it comes to these muffins, mine isn’t that strong, I guess..
What Makes These Muffins So Amazing?
In addition to their being so yummy, these moist einkorn whole-wheat chocolate chip muffins are fluffy and light.
And they’re made solely with whole-wheat flour – yet they aren’t too dense or heavy.
Also, what makes these muffins so amazing beside their addictive quality; is that they are very nutritious. Yes, they do contain chocolate chips, but only a small amount.
Of course, you can leave them out if you choose to. But the recipe only calls for 1/4 cup – which isn’t much at all. Therefore I feel these muffins are qualified to be called healthy.
A Sense of Trepidation While Creating This Recipe..
I felt a sense a trepidation while creating this recipe. Actually, I kind of feel this while creating most of my recipes. It’s a feeling of not wanting to go through with something, even though a part of you wants to.
First of all, I’ve only recently started working with einkorn flour. It’s pretty much interchangeable for regular flour, but it has its differences too.
Such as a sandwich bread recipe I was attempting to create with it. I felt everything was going well, until I pulled the pan out of the oven, lol. The top of the loaf was really flat.
Wish I Did My Research Beforehand
Later on, I researched on why that could’ve happened. Turns out that you can’t knead dough for long, if it contains einkorn flour. And you have to be more gentle with it.
That makes sense – being that einkorn flour is very low in gluten. Therefore the low amount of gluten strands can cause this kind of reaction.
Well, I’m glad I know now when I attempt another bread recipe with this flour.
Check Out These Other Amazing Muffin Recipes:)
I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of creating muffin recipes. I love playing around with different flavor combos. And trying out other possibilities.
I just love how baking/creating recipes takes my mind off of other things. It keeps me focused only on getting the recipe as perfect as I can. And it’s therapeutic as well. Don’t you agree?
Ok, so here are a few muffin recipes that have been given a big stamp of approval by those who’ve tried them.
They’re also super easy to make and most require only one bowl:
- Yummy Oil-Free Cinnamon Oat Muffins
- Chocolate Chop Almond Butter Muffin Recipe
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Scrumptious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins
There’s really nothing hard or complicated about making these moist einkorn whole-wheat chocolate chip muffins. And you don’t even need a hand mixer to make them.
The first thing that you should do, is to turn on your oven to preheat. This way, you don’t have to wait around before putting the muffin pan(s) in.
*It’s also good to grease the (1) 12 cup or (2) 6 cup muffin pan you’ll be using beforehand.
Or if you’d like, you can use liners. Just make sure to lightly spray them before adding the batter, so it doesn’t stick*
Super Easy Muffin Recipe
You’ll see how easy it is to make these muffins. There’s basically only three main steps.
-The first step involves combining all of the dry ingredients together first in a large bowl.
-The second step involves adding the wet ingredients to the dry ones.
-The third and final main step involves adding the batter to the muffin pan, and the countdown begins!
Moist Einkorn Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins Ingredients
Here’s a quick rundown below of the ingredients you will need to make these yummy muffins.
You don’t need anything but simple and basic ingredients that you most likely have on hand already.
- Einkorn Whole-Wheat Flour: I used Jovial organic whole-wheat flour for this recipe. Regular whole-wheat flour should work fine also.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips: Dairy-free or regular.
- Coconut Sugar: Or light brown sugar should work as a substitute.
- Vanilla Extract
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This ingredient, along with the baking powder and baking soda; is essential for maximum rise and fluffiness. You don’t want to leave it out..
- Light Tasting Cooking Oil such as organic canola, vegetable oil, or extra virgin olive oil, etc.
- Milk: Dairy-free or regular.
Thank you so much for checking this moist einkorn whole-wheat chocolate chip muffins recipe out. I hope you find these muffins to your liking. Be blessed:)
Moist Einkorn Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups einkorn whole-wheat flour or regular whole-wheat flour should work
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp coconut (or light brown) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp light tasting oil such as organic canola, vegetable, extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp dairy-free or regular milk
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease or oil 10 muffin cavities and set aside.You can also put liners in if you prefer. *Just make sure to spray them lightly with an oil spray so the muffins won’t stick*
- Add all of the dry ingredients (flour – sugar) to a large mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly or sift together. Make sure no large lumps are present.
- Add in the wet ingredients (vanilla extract – milk). Combine gently just until the batter contains only tiny lumps.
- Divide the batter equally between the muffin cavities/liners. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top if desired.Bake for around 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!